Finding Fast Proxy Servers

I know how a proxy server works and I would like to know if there is any software that can find a proxy servers that will give a really fast connection (like 1Mbps+ downstream).

Does this kind of software exist ?

same here i tried stealther and stangos (Whatever) and they are both very slow

any good programs out there?

Does that kind of proxy exist??

Bah

need at least 56k>>

The nature of using a proxy kinda negates being fast. Know what I mean?

So true. The only proxy that might help you is an "official" proxy by your isp. If you are lucky you visit the exact same pages as the other users from your isp. That would be a little gain in speed...

What do expect really? You can't go beyond your connection speed. And rpoxy severs would not giove you extra speed unless everybody who uses the proxy visits the same page and the proxy is nearer to you than the target adress is and it onyl is usefull for non dynamic sites. The oher advantage a proxy might give you is that it filters ads or malicious code out but that would you do locally on your machine with eg proximitron

My connection is 1Mbps, and most of the proxy servers give me about half that. I use the proxy servers for the most obvious reason (hides my ip address). That is why I'm looking for something that is fast without having to try a zillion servers.

Someone can still get your IP address (actually quite easily) if you use a router. There are many proxy servers that are 100% annonymous and they don't have a record the IP address you connected with.

Buy a router or something. I think there are easier ways to hide your IP

sure 192.168.x.x wont be seen lol

for regular surfing you dont need 1mp

upload a proxy program to there computer soemone with a 1mp :)