Attention iPod owners...

Well, I knew that one long be4 I bought my iPod, but I can afford it every 18 month, just get a new one.

Actually my last personal music device was a MD I bought that one 18 month ago. Then the one before, I bought it was 18 month ago before the last one I had....

Technology changes, I can't use this iPod all my life, when the new one comes out, of course I will get the new one... And I think most people think and do the same too, maybe u do the same as well, just don't realize it.

ipodsdirtysecret.com is a website created by angry apple customers that obviously have no social life and could have worked all those hours on replacing their ipod instead of working against it.

I got an Ipod mini two days before it came out and like you at first I didn't listen much to it. Since then I've gotten better ear buds (the ones included suck) and I go running with it dialy. I take it to the gym and such.

It's easy to justify spending that money because even on a 4gb mini you can hold a few thousand songs, compared to a cd which holds on average 12-22 songs and is 3 times bigger than the mini.

ipodsdirtysecret.com is a website created by angry apple customers that obviously have no social life and could have worked all those hours on replacing their ipod instead of working against it.

Not everyone has the knowledge to change the battery. And if you read the message on there site, they did try fixing it, and it stopped working all together after changing the battery. It's not dumb that they did this. Now people won't be wasting money. Not everyone can afford to "just buy another iPod." That's something very stupid to say to a customer. And 18 months life span is not very long. My Rio800 is still going after 3 years. And Rio's devices are POS too. Apple has a good reputation and they should stick by it.

I bring this up everytime a person wants and ipod or says that ipod is wicked
Not everyone has the knowledge to change the battery.

It's not dumb that they did this.  Now people won't be wasting money.  Not everyone can afford to "just buy another iPod."  That's something very stupid to say to a customer.

Apple's support pages have and iPod/iPod-mini section that has information about the battery including how to maintain the battery. You can also read the service FAQ which includes the following gem:

If your iPod requires service only because the battery?s ability to hold an electrical charge has diminished, Apple will replace your iPod for a service fee of $99, plus $6.95 shipping.

The iPod AppleCare product page metions:

Covers iPod and included accessories(1):
  • iPod battery

...for battery depletion of 50 percent or more from original specification.

You can buy iPod AppleCare any time during the first year of owning your iPod for $59.

If you think $59 or $99 is too expensive iPod battery will sell you a replacement for as little as $29 and no more than $49 if you have an iPod mini. PDA smart offers do it yourself replacement kits for current iPods starting at $55 or mail-in service from $65. Both include a 35% more powerful battery than the one your ipod shipped with. Older iPods can have 60% more power than when new with the 2000mah battery they offer for $89 or $98 installed.

What about the Creative Labs Jukebox Zen Xtra 30GB it costs ?217.89 so is quite a bit cheaper for space than the i pod, i haven't tried either of them, but if anyone has tried the Creative Labs Jukebox Zen Xtra 30GB what did you think of it.

I had the Creative Labs Jukebox Zen Xtra 30GB, returned it because of some headphone jack issue. With the same money I got an Ipod 15GB. The iPod is a great player, lighter and smaller than the Zen Xtra. As far as capacity goes while the Zen held twice as much as the iPod they both still hold so much stuff I won't be able to listen through in a few days of use. Never used any of them as data transport but USB seems to be easier to find in computers than Firewire. The ZEN does need a driver and the iPod needs to be set to be used as a hard drive (which kills all mp3 playing features).

Based on your schedule I'd say you are better off with a solid state player than a hard drive based one.

The ZEN does need a driver and the iPod needs to be set to be used as a hard drive (which kills all mp3 playing features).

Based on your schedule I'd say you are better off with a solid state player than a hard drive based one.

Setting it to be used as a hard drive is not hard. ANd how does it kill the music playing features?

you should gut the ipod mini put a high capacity notebook drive in it and you can make yourself a tiny firewire/usb backup drive! wish i had that great article i read on doing it. neat stuff. a big usb thumb drive

iPod needs to be set to be used as a hard drive (which kills all mp3 playing features).

No, it doesn't kill the music playing features. Are you mounting it correctly? I mean as in using iTunes to turn on Disk Mode.

No, it doesn't kill the music playing features. Are you mounting it correctly? I mean as in using iTunes to turn on Disk Mode.

No I'm not, which is probably wrong anyway. My bad.

You just dont listen do you. Why dont you go do something worthwhile instead of posting rubbish on every iPod thread.

Well your reading and caring bout it so its the jokes on you too :laugh:

Well your reading and caring bout it so its the jokes on you too :laugh:

Well I wouldnt mind if you would stop. Is this in the Jokes and Funny Stuff forum?

you should gut the ipod mini put a high capacity notebook drive in it and you can make yourself a tiny firewire/usb backup drive! wish i had that great article i read on doing it. neat stuff. a big usb thumb drive

i wish you had that article too. why?

because it'd be damn near impossible. what size is the ipod mini's hard drive? 1"? yea, good luck finding a 1" high capacity notebook drive :rolleyes: especially considering notebooks use 2.5" drives.