First Mac :)

I'm typing with my new iBook :)~ I'ts awesome it brings a lot of software even games cool huh... Tomorrow im gonna go back and buy a Midi Piano to play with GarageBand :).

i would also like to wish you luck as well as a congrats on your purchase. if you feel the same way that i feel about my tabletpc, then you should take care of it and NEVER LET IT OUT OF YOUR SIGHT. lol

good choice on the iBook. it is lighter and cheaper than a powerbook and can be just as powerful (if you put more ram in it, of course). i have been eyeing an iBook for quite sometime, but i imagine that i wont get one anytime soon (maybe, maybe not).

good luck and enjoy it,

STV

Just one thing that bothers me and gonna fix it tomorrow theres a blue line of dead pixels in the left :(

Woah, a whole line? :blink:

You should probably get that checked.

Congrats on your iBook! Enjoy it!

btw, are you a switcher or you've had Macs before?

Just one thing that bothers me and gonna fix it tomorrow theres a blue line of dead pixels in the left :(

just massage them out. i was really ****ed when i got my powerbook because it had 2 stuck pixels, but then i massaged them out and now i'm happy (Y)

Im a switcher been using PC's since I was 7. Im gonna take it back to apple so they can fix the line of dead pixels or change it for another one

i would also like to wish you luck as well as a congrats on your purchase. if you feel the same way that i feel about my tabletpc, then you should take care of it and NEVER LET IT OUT OF YOUR SIGHT. lol

good choice on the iBook. it is lighter and cheaper than a powerbook and can be just as powerful (if you put more ram in it, of course). i have been eyeing an iBook for quite sometime, but i imagine that i wont get one anytime soon (maybe, maybe not).

good luck and enjoy it,

STV

cheaper, yes.

lighter, no.

12" pbook = 4.6lbs

12" ibook = 4.9lbs

15" pbook = 5.7lbs

14" ibook = 5.9lbs

as powerful? not really: the ibook's are stuck on a 133mhz fsb, the pbook's have 166mhz... one of those "really nice" things considering that the fsb has always crippled the g4.

cheaper, yes.

lighter, no.

12" pbook = 4.6lbs

12" ibook = 4.9lbs

15" pbook = 5.7lbs

14" ibook = 5.9lbs

as powerful? not really: the ibook's are stuck on a 133mhz fsb, the pbook's have 166mhz... one of those "really nice" things considering that the fsb has always crippled the g4.

sorry for my misconceptions. i am not a mac user and am not totally informed, but i do want to keep an open mind on the subject. just trying to add to the conversation.

thanks again for setting what i said straight,

STV

sorry for my misconceptions. i am not a mac user and am not totally informed, but i do want to keep an open mind on the subject. just trying to add to the conversation.

thanks again for setting what i said straight,

STV

it's all good (Y)

Hey, my brother had a similar thing on his laptop, just take it back and claim it on warrenty if you have any :p

Hey, my brother had a similar thing on his laptop, just take it back and claim it on warrenty if you have any :p

It comes with 1 year of Warranty, im sure it covers a WHOLE line of dead pixels

wait... did you switch your wallpaper?

if you did... dont select strech to fit, select strech (or its the other way around, i can't recall), that "blue line of dead pixels" is the default apple wallpaper, it happens for me too. it happens whenever i set any new wallpaper (the previous one is still displayed)

this seems to only happen on 1024x768 wallpapers for some reason

see if that works before you return it.