Ultra Mac n00b question

You don't need to convert it, just burn the .dmg in Disc Utility! ;) ...Unless you don't own a Mac. In which case you're probably pirating Mac OS X to run on PearPC, i don't suppose anyone would want to help you in such a circumstance.

In which case you're probably pirating Mac OS X to run on PearPC, i don't suppose anyone would want to help you in such a circumstance.

thats what i was thinking... buy a mac guys! :p

You can use Disc Utility to convert it to CD ISO format. (It's still .DMG, but Nero can burn it.)

I have to do it when I need to burn a DVD, as I have a CD-RW on my Mac, but a DVD-RW on my PC.

I think his doing a PC - PearPC thing since he named the topic drg to ISO he also said drg again (if he was on a mac he would defo know what ever happens that its DMG not drg.)

If you don't know how todo the first step in PearPC maybe you shouldn't be using it. They (the people in the massive thread on it) have clearly marked out what you have todo to get it working and also a list of programs needed to get the result.

And if you are not doing some Pear PC thing, you don't need to change it to an ISO just burn it.

You can use Disc Utility to convert it to CD ISO format. (It's still .DMG, but Nero can burn it.)

I have to do it when I need to burn a DVD, as I have a CD-RW on my Mac, but a DVD-RW on my PC.

Thank **** at least one person in the topic bothered to answer the actual question.

Alright, here's the step-by-step way to do it:

1. Open Disk Utility, located in Applications\Utilities

2. Go to the Images menu and go to Convert...

3. Locate the DMG file you want to convert and click open.

4. Choose the file name you want, save location, and set the Image Format to DVD/CD Master

5. Hit save.

6. Rename the file extension from DMG to ISO and you're good to go.

Now you can burn it on a PC or do with it what you will.