powerbook booting classic?

There where some rumours that you could still boot new macs with the OS 9 folder of the (old) PowerMac G4, so I tried that out but it's bullsh?t. Like the rest of those rumours...:((

I also don't think it's possible anymore. I understand why Apple did it but it isn't very customer friendly!

Its not but who cares OS9 is nothing compared to 10.3 just use 10.3 and use the OS9 classic inside it to run what ever you would use OS9 for no big deal.

Its not but who cares OS9 is nothing compared to 10.3 just use 10.3 and use the OS9 classic inside it to run what ever you would use OS9 for no big deal.

Well, there are still a few things that won't work in Classic that will work in native OS 9.

There where some rumours that you could still boot new macs with the OS 9 folder of the (old) PowerMac G4, so I tried that out but it's bullsh?t. Like the rest of those rumours...:((

I also don't think it's possible anymore. I understand why Apple did it but it isn't very customer friendly!

do you even own a mac?

the powermac g4'sdo> boot up into os9. go to system preferences > startup disk. don't dick around with the os9 folder (or any other system folder, for that matter)... you sound like the type who would delete a necessary file and then come back here to "inform" us that os9 does not work.