Why is Microsoft so lazy?

Before I had switched from PC to beautiful Mac, I never knew that Microsoft were so bad at making there products for macs. For example look at MSN, I use MSN to chat with friends & family and send images, video chat etc. But when I downloaded MSN for Mac OS X I never knew how bad it would be. I mean I can barely stay online without MSN signing me out saying the connection was lost or something (wireless internet) but icq always does what I need it to do (lack the PC features) works fine and I never get disconnected. Another thing is sending/accepting files which I have to cross my fingers everytime I try one of them, most of the time never works with MSN but sometimes it does. Another thing is my arabic friend who bought a Mac, me convincing him to get one and when he went to type up some assigments through Word for OS X he noticed that it doesn't support arabic writing on the right side to the left, when English is written from the rightside to the leftside.

Why does Microsoft do this? Why are they so lazy? It's very annoying when I have to go on my PC just to chat when I have such a better computer, reffering to my iBook.Is there any updates coming up for MSN for Mac or even the arabic compatibility for word? Also what would be the best 3rd party messaging program for MSN? I tried Fire but quite frankley it was ugly and when you have a mac you just need the nice graphix, if you know what I mean. Sorr yif this was a waste of a port feel free to delete Mods.

They do it because honestly it doesnt make them money so why should they bother. Market share and money are what drives the world. If apple had even 10% of marketshare then Microsoft would make an effort

The same could be said for Apple products on a Windows machine. Quicktime? Itunes isn't bad now, but it was horrible before 4.6.

Well I see your guy's point but im still unsatisified but nothing will be done. I hate money, when money get's involved nothing matters, not even the customer.

same could be said for Apple, iTunes is a system hog in Windows oh wait a sec, then there is Quick Time the bigest piece of crap ever invented. I think that's it, Apple DOES NOT have any other applications for Windows I wonder why?

MSN Messenger has NEVER kicked me off on my IMac. Has worked correctlly from day one. The time it is not is during system maintance in witch case I am signed out on my PC allso. I wish Office 2004 was done as well on the PC as it has been on the Mac. What ever your problems are they have nothing to do with Microsoft software.

The problem with MSN Messenger is that it was done by some lazy guy in Redmond instead of the MBU (Mac Business Unit) in Redwood, California. Those Mac Office guys know what they are doing. I cannot figure out why the Mac MSN Messenger was not done by the MBU since it comes bundled with Mac Office in addition to being a free download.

The reason Office is also on the Mac and is still very good is because there is no better software out there for this type of business application. It has got to be the most widely used piece of software (application not OS) in the world. I wouldn't be surprised if Apple asked Microsoft to make it for the Mac; but then again, that's just pure speculation.

In terms of profit, I read that their macintosh division is their 2nd most profitable.

they only have two divisions :p :p :p

as for putting a lot of work into office, how else do they epect you to cough up 400 dollars for it? if you're not satisfied, use appleworks.

Accusing a corporate company of laziness just because you are having a bug with their software doesn't really strike me as mature. Although, I am sure you took the time to fill out proper bug reports with all the pertinent information and send them in so they know about your issue. Or is it you that is lazy?

MSN Messenger has always worked as expected on the 3 Macs I have owned. I have never had any issues with it. However, why you want to use the official MSN Messenger client for Mac OS X when alternatives like Proteus, or better yet, Adium are available is questionable.

Microsoft is not a lazy company. If you consider them lazy, I would hate to see a company you consider to be energetic and always on the verge of innovation. Microsoft has upwards of 80 or 90 percent market share in personal computing, that doesn't sound like laziness to me. Why does it feel sometimes they don't care about you in particular? Given the sheer number and diversity of customers they have, it would be pretty difficult to serve you on a personal level. This is why they have procedures, outlines, philosophy, goals, and a clear system when they design software. It may not make sense to you, but I guarantee it makes sense to the thousands of Business, Psychology, Marketing, Research and Economic MA's they have in their employee roster.

No matter how much you love your OS X machine, it would still help to be thankful to MS. Not only have they put millions of dollars into a version of Microsoft Office (one that surpasses the Win. version IMHO) but they have also made some amazing applications that people rely on a daily basis such as Remote Desktop Connect Client. I wouldn't even be able to use a Mac as my work machine with that, and the crazy thing is, it's free (as is MSN Messenger IIRC).

3 cheers for Microsoft.

The reason Office is also on the Mac and is still very good is because there is no better software out there for this type of business application. It has got to be the most widely used piece of software (application not OS) in the world. I wouldn't be surprised if Apple asked Microsoft to make it for the Mac; but then again, that's just pure speculation.

MS started making Excel for mac before windows. Windows did not have a good enough gui at the time to run it.

It may not make sense to you, but I guarantee it makes sense to the thousands of Business, Psychology, Marketing, Research and Economic MA's they have in their employee roster.

not to mention their shareholders...

some people just need to wake up adn realize that apple is the not the only company that makes a good product.

would you wanna put your heart and soul into a program for a competing os?

:yes: Who really cares, if your ****ed off about it, send them a error report.

same could be said for Apple, iTunes is a system hog in Windows oh wait a sec, then there is Quick Time the bigest piece of crap ever invented. I think that's it, Apple DOES NOT have any other applications for Windows I wonder why?

qt the codec is fine its the player that we hate...

but then lets look at windows media player for the mac and its a different story

somehow i think Microsoft did a better job of office 2003 than with 2004..

Microsoft Mac section one of there guys posted on his Microsoft website (located at microsoft.com/mac/hisname) said they are currently working on a new MSN version for mac os x, the 4.0 update was to hold people over with 1400 character receiving and 75 emoticons. nothing more, This comes as no surprise that there devision on development of Msn Messenger for mac is very small, and Major updates are few and far between.

We just have to sit tight a little longer people. :happy: