have you made any cool hardware mods?

wtf? why is the G5 backwards?why isnt the cover on the other sides like normal computers? computers are supposed to be on the right side, not the left. just another thing that apple does to be different...

wtf? why is the G5 backwards?why isnt the cover on the other sides like normal computers? computers are supposed to be on the right side, not the left. just another thing that apple does to be different...

Who says the doors have to be on the left? Cause ya know everyone lives on the left side of the square planet we call earth lol god its just a case just a case! lol (And yes I know the earth is round......)

its supposed to be on the right side. thats the way all hardware is made. its made for righthanded people, and right handed people want their computer on the right side. this makes it easier to turn on/off and also reduces cord clutter, as keyboards have the wire coming out the right side and the mouse is right next to the case. otherwise, you would have cords running accross the desk if you put it on the left side. why does apple just HAVE to be different, even making their products less practicle and not adhering to common standards?

its supposed to be on the right side. thats the way all hardware is made. its made for righthanded people, and right handed people want their computer on the right side. this makes it easier to turn on/off and also reduces cord clutter, as keyboards have the wire coming out the right side and the mouse is right next to the case. otherwise, you would have cords running accross the desk if you put it on the left side. why does apple just HAVE to be different, even making their products less practicle and not adhering to common standards?

:D

thanks for all the stereotypes and generalizations.

they have been filed under "general fud".

"common standards"... yes. just because that's how it's done in "your" world, everybody has to do it.

perhaps you've heard the expression: "think different".

personally, i would rather have my window the way it is done in apple's case, as opposed to the way it is in pc cases, because it matches my setup better.

what stereotypes and generalizations?

every hardware company, other than apples "pro" keyboards, has the wires coming out of the right side so taht there would be less cable clutter because people have their computers on the right side. why does apple have to go against this and make their computers more practicle for a much much smaller protion of the population who are left handed? its not "thinking different" its just a matter of "being different." you can go ahead and feel special, but dont come crying to me when you have a hard time inserting a cd in with your left hand. id bet that 90 percent of right handed users bend over all the ay to the left side wit htheir right hands just to put cd's in. its just stupid. why cant they cater to the average person, which is right handed.

pretty soon PCs will have the motherboards on the left side as well when atx boards die out and BTX boards become the standard

I'm left handed. :)

im going to care.

oh, wait, no i wont.

as for BTX making mobos on the left side, do you have any links to an article? i want to look at what other changes intel has up its sleeve/

im going to care.

oh, wait, no i wont.

as for BTX making mobos on the left side, do you have any links to an article? i want to look at what other changes intel has up its sleeve/

oh wow that was tricky I actually beieved you cared untill you told me you were joking. a most excellent sense of humour you have.

oh wait no you dont. (oh the irony)

anyways im left handed too. i could get used to whichever way the make the mobos. being left handed makes me adoptive and 40% more likely to die as a result of misuse of tools design for right handed people.

nuka_t: deal with it. it's still you, and fud. i expect nothing less from you :laugh: do you know when you're buddy area91 is done his suspension?

anyway, back to reality... what does it really matter? you seem to be getting hot & bothered over a computer you don't like and don't use. hell, why are you even posting about it?

im going to care.

oh, wait, no i wont.

check this out homie......BTX

haha, classic pwnage (Y) enjoy the future, nuka_t.

no, i don't have a bmw yet. it's on my "to buy" list. college comes first though.

thanks. btx looks cool, but pretty complex for a doit yourselfer. i guess thats good because it means less people can fix their pc's themselves and therefore more people will end up paying to get it done.

thanks. btx looks cool, but pretty complex for a doit yourselfer. i guess thats good because it means less people can fix their pc's themselves and therefore more people will end up paying to get it done.

How is it any more complex? It's just a different layout.

Also, what the heck are you talking about with cable clutter because the door opens on the left? All that matters is that the cables come out of the back, so that doesn't depend on what side the door opens. It can open up on the top for all I care, as it's shoved under my desk all the time and I'm never going to crack it open. Stop thinking in terms of building a computer... (oh, and don't give me crap about that, becuase I built my PC from scratch...)

Another thread ruined by the retardation of nuka_t...

the wire for the keyboard comes out the right side, adn the mouse is on the right side. if the pc is on the right, they will be closer, therefore, less cable clutter. if its on the left, the wires would have to go accross the desk diagonally. if you were going to mod the G5 with a clear sidepanel, you would have to put it on the left side, therefore, more cable clutter. and i wasnt pwnd because intel is doing it the same way. my point still stands and i wish that intel would make it so that it opens on the legt too.

as for BTX, its more complex cause its so compact and close together, the wires are shorter and it looks more intimidating. i didnt build my computer from scratch, but i still open it every once in a while to clean it, add/remove hardware etc.

my parents bought me a G5 for my birthday but it was a piece of crap compared to my pc. i put all the insides on ebay and transplanted my pc into it. its awesome i love it, especially with all the lights and stuff.

OMFG THAT WAS YOU?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

:pinch: /me dies

I'm right handed, and have my tower to the left.

I'm right handed have my tower at the right of my desk and there for if I had a G5 (which I don't) its door being on the right hand side would suite me fine. You are just grasping at straws - and no one wants to back you up, ya just like the bible bashers in the city center and they all end up in the river.

I'm right handed, and have my tower to the left.

Exactly, you need the right hand space clear for you to use your mouse comfortably, so you're gonna have the tower on the left! Makes sense...

Personally, mine's tucked kinda halfway behind the LCD, @ the back of my desk.

every hardware company, other than apples "pro" keyboards, has the wires coming out of the right side so taht there would be less cable clutter because people have their computers on the right side.

Wrong. My Microsoft Natural keyboard has the cord coming out of the center, as has just about every other keyboard I've seen recently (Logitech for sure).