I have money, do you have my logo?

Question

I'm looking for a logo for one of A Small Orange Software's unannounced products. Since dealing with a mystery product won't help you much, I suppose I'll make the first public mention of what we're working on:

Title: ASOmonitor

Description: ASOmonitor is our server monitoring system under development. It features technology we're planning on obtaining a patent for, so this is goning to have a large potential market. In essence, it's a system that monitors the status of servers on a network (or networks) for availabilty and quality of service.

What we want: We're looking for a logo that makes use of our standard orange color in some way. It does not need to make exclusive use of this color, but should have it at least somewhere. A sans-serif font should be used (we like Myriad Pro a lot) for text. It should feature only the text "ASOmonitor" with that spacing/capitalization. It should have some sort of icon or styling to emphasis that this is a monitoring product. Since customers will rely on our product to maintain their own services, we want to emphasis a "trustworthy", "stable", and "powerful" system through the icon somehow.

Format requirements: Vector (preferred) or *large* raster. Photoshop-importable format.

This is our current logo:

logo.png

The primary orange is in the center of the orange. It's #FFA800. As you can see, we like things simple, so keep this in the ASOmointor logo, as well.

We're looking at a budget of around $100 for this logo. Exclusive and unlimited use must be provided by the author with the delivery.

Ask questions if you need anything clarified, and feel free to experiment outside of the bounds of our listed requirements. This isn't really a contest or anything, so you can throw out logos as you come up with ideas. There's no penality for at least trying, so don't worry that posting a crap design along with 3 good ones is going to hurt your image or anything. We're just looking for the best possible logo :)

can i get some suggestions on mine, its a few pages back.. page 15.. everyone seemed to ignore it :( and i would really like some feedback

yseuh, it looks good, but is that a raster? It needs to be a large size raster (3"x5"-ish with 720DPI), so it can be scaled for print applications.

:) what do u think of mine ?

can i get some suggestions on mine, its a few pages back.. page 15.. everyone seemed to ignore it :( and i would really like some feedback

It's a nice design but a little too crammed together

I see what you mean about my previous logo, rest assured im hard at work on another.

But im just curious, did you like my stat icon?

yseuh, it looks good, but is that a raster? It needs to be a large size raster (3"x5"-ish with 720DPI), so it can be scaled for print applications.

Can you tell me what you mean by this and how i can do it? Sorry but im new to photoshop and would appreciate any help so i can make this logo's format the way u want it.

Eh... Don't worry about it. No one commented on any of mine either, but if he liked it he woulda said something. Just kinda keep that in mind, and if you're gonna try again base it off of what you already know he likes. ;)

I combined the best of mine with some of yseuh's work. (i got permision; we're good friends)

asomonitor17.png

asomonitor18.png

Without the scanlines:

asomonitor19.png

asomonitor20.png

Edit: added last 2 images.

Edited by hava333

My favorite so far is the shield one by chr1zt1an. I think it really depicts the stable and trust part of what you want to convey, as well as the the monitor portion through the use of the heart monitor inside the shield. It's also nice because it scales well as an icon and is easily identifiable.

Eh... Don't worry about it. No one commented on any of mine either, but if he liked it he woulda said something. Just kinda keep that in mind, and if you're gonna try again base it off of what you already know he likes. ;)

Meh, I think something truly unique that's not leeching off the previous entries would stand out more..

Well, I didn't say copy it, just base it off a style that you know he likes. Obviously it has be close to the original at least - you know, to go with the site.

My favorite so far is the shield one by chr1zt1an. I think it really depicts the stable and trust part of what you want to convey, as well as the the monitor portion through the use of the heart monitor inside the shield. It's also nice because it scales well as an icon and is easily identifiable.

Same here, I'm liking his a lot.

Chr1zt1an: I forget, but is the logo a vector or raster? If it's a raster, can it be scaled to the large size I want?

hava333: Again, I need a LARGE raster, and from what you have, it doesn't look like it's going to be getting any larger than that... Regardless, I still find it a bit akward next to the existing logo.

3Cube: That last one is really looking nice. The "monitor" text should be black, but it's looking spiffy!