Trillian Pro 2.012

Trillian Pro definatly is NOT worth $25.00 USD. Download the individual clients, Get Messenger Plus! for MSN and your set. If you need a whole new client to manage your IMs, then your too lazy and im sorry for you. Also, it definatly is buggy, my friend uninstalled it because of the bugginess in 2.

Trillian Pro definatly is NOT worth $25.00 USD. Download the individual clients, Get Messenger Plus! for MSN and your set. If you need a whole new client to manage your IMs, then your too lazy and im sorry for you. Also, it definatly is buggy, my friend uninstalled it because of the bugginess in 2.

i use trillian because i have many contacts on msn, yahoo, aim, irc, icq and jabber,

do you know how system heavy running 6 IM clients (that are getting more and more silly features) is?

i use trillian pro

1) because it's a nice light, neat app

2) it very, very rarely crashes (unless you use a cracked version)

3) i know that ftp is better for file transfers, teamspeak is better for voice, and webcams are for pillocks.

Buggy? ...I wouldn't call it buggy at all its never crashed. The only time it did was the fault of the yahoo server blocking.

I for one do not like to have 2 or 6 (how ever many IMs you use) memory sucking application for IM when it can all be acomplished in 1 and takes up the mem of just 1 messenger

yes computers have lots of memory these days, but I prefer a 6 in 1

as far as the file transfers... maby its just me but AIM if 1 person is not behind a firewall it may work... MSN always seems to work ...but yahoo... heck I can't even get yahoo messenger itself to transfer files until the 3rd try

Sounds like someone trolling to me...........

I've been using Trillian for well over a year and 1/2. Used the free one for a

while, but then PAID for the pro version. Why? I like it, it keeps my windows

from being cluttered with IM clients, I don't have to close a bunch of nagging

ad windows, I don't have to see stupid ads in the chat client, I don't have to

listen to idiotid sounds or buddy icons, It's stable, the guys writting it stay on

top of security issues, there aren't any leaks.........can I say more?

:alien:

Woah, nice review warwagon :D

and back on trillian , I love that app, back in teh days of using ICQ/Yahoo!/Msn toguther It was the only way of unclutter my desk, now I only use MSN so I dont need it anymore ;)

GAIM has tabbing as well.

I don't use Trillian simply because MSN(MsgPlus!) has way better features now, such as the Handwriting plug-in and screenshot sender, I just love those plug-ins. Can't go back to Trillian now.

Great review :) My only comment/addition would be to have shown off one of the better skins, like Aikon3 - which I use...and of course, there are LOADS of customisation options which I understand would take forever to go through :happy:

Trillian does support file transfers for all the different instant messenger protocols, but the only one that works and even works behind a firewall is ?MSN?. Trying to send something to someone on a Yahoo account almost never works, and you can only get your AIM transfer to connect if the moon happens to be in the right phase.

Tends to work for me just fine, my only complaint with transfers on Trillian is that they tend to be a little on the slow side at times.

Great review :) My only comment/addition would be to have shown off one of the better skins, like Aikon3 - which I use...and of course, there are LOADS of customisation options which I understand would take forever to go through :happy:

Tends to work for me just fine, my only complaint with transfers on Trillian is that they tend to be a little on the slow side at times.

ya I thought of that, but then I thought about how crazy people go over reluna style themes, so I thought well i'll show them that trillian to has that skin.

and as far as AIM transfers if the person isn't behind a firewalll then it Might work... otherwise not so much so.

Each to their own, but as I use MSN 99.9% of the time, I only need MSN. AIM is my backup client. (*Remembers the days when MSN went down and he used AIM to ask if MSN was working for people*)

MSN on its own has practically all of those features...you just have to get them yourself. That's what I don't like about Trillian - no MsgPlus. Other than that, it rules as an IM client.

Each to their own, but as I use MSN 99.9% of the time, I only need MSN. AIM is my backup client. (*Remembers the days when MSN went down and he used AIM to ask if MSN was working for people*)

MSN on its own has practically all of those features...you just have to get them yourself. That's what I don't like about Trillian - no MsgPlus. Other than that, it rules as an IM client.

But if your like me and use all of the IM clients all the time, I would never want 3 different programs running just to talk to people.

TP is one of the best all in 1 IM clients, it does it's job and has never crashed for me.

It was definately worth the $25 charge.

• 3 months later...