[NBA] Mavs Trade Jamison to Wizards...

Trading Van Exel for Jamison was a big mistake, looks like Dallas has to rebuild now and find a few player that can actually play defense.

The Lakers will have absolutely NO inside presence to keep the defense guessing. Kobe and Dirk are both perimeter players, the rebounding on that team will be horrible.

Are NBA GMs stupid or just blind? Does Mitch Kupchak not see that Shaq's value is MUCH higher than Kobe's? You can find a lot of jump-shooting, penetrating guards in the NBA, but you can't find anyone to matchup with Shaq. :no:

Oh well, it will be funny to see the empty seats at Staples next season.

Are NBA GMs stupid or just blind? Does Mitch Kupchak not see that Shaq's value is MUCH higher than Kobe's? You can find a lot of jump-shooting, penetrating guards in the NBA, but you can't find anyone to matchup with Shaq. :no:

if I build a team around a player, it's Kobe. He's 6-8 years younger, and he's usually always on. Shaq seems to play only when he wants to...and his injuries keep him out of too many games.

Ok, but you saw how the Lakers got dismantled EVERY single time Shaq got into foul trouble and had to sit. Even with Kobe on the floor they didn't do anything.

Shaq plays when he wants to play, but how frustrated would you be when you don't even get to touch the ball on offensive posessions? It's a traveshamockery that Kobe has more shot attempts than Shaq. Kobe needs an inside presence for his game to take over, period. You saw what happened in the Finals when he has no inside presence...defenses can just suffocate him on the perimeter. Granted, he might be on, but over an 82 game season, I wouldn't count on that being the key to success. Just look at Tracy McGrady, Allen Iverson, Paul Pierce, etc. etc. You need a quality big man to win nowdays.

Shaq also has a huge contract. You can't build a quality team when a few players take up 90% of the salary

Minnesota is quality with a few players...and if it weren't for SHAQ, they would have been in the Finals instead of the Lakers.

The incentive is, this trade must be done before Thursday draft...So the 5th pick can be the Lakers choice. They have a little less than 24 hrs to get this thing done

what are the wizards smoking.

stackhouse, laettner, and #5 pick.

i mean. you prolly coulda kept laettner.

damn i hate it when people make dumb trades.

what are the wizards smoking.

stackhouse, laettner, and #5 pick.

i mean. you prolly coulda kept laettner.

damn i hate it when people make dumb trades.

No kidding...after hearing who was involved in this trade, the wizards were seriously raped.

Trading Van Exel for Jamison was a big mistake, looks like Dallas has to rebuild now and find a few player that can actually play defense.

Big mistake? Jamison filled the 6th-man role than Van Excel used. Van Excel was also injured and in the last year of his contract. Hardly a big mistake, if you ask me.

I wish they would've shipped Walker away instead of Jamison... Jamison is an extremely nice and deserving guy. Walker... well... isn't.

Stackhouse is out of his prime but still very good. I've got to say, even though Laettner's performance isn't what it used to be, I still love the guy. He was awesome when he was still here in Dallas -- one of my favorite players. He works hard, too, so I'm not sure what could be bad about the guy. I hope they don't trade him.

If you expect the Mavs to trade Nowitzki you're dead wrong. Cuban has said (since he bought the club) that that's the one player he'll never trade. He said the only way he could see trading Nowitzki was if the Lakers traded their entire club for him -- and that was when they were the champions. Cuban also has reitterated that he's not going to trade Dirk recently.

BTW, Toxikk -- what do you mean what are the wizards smoking? The draft this year is extremely weak, not to mention Stackhouse is (and has been) a problem child. He isn't a team player and never has been. He looks out for himself only and could care less if his team is in the playoffs, he only wants what's best for him, not his team.

Laettner also had career lows (I think...) last year and had a horrible year. He has also been rumored to be having problems with the Wizards' staff and reportedly was arguing with the owner, coach, etc. a lot. I'm not quite sure why they'd want to keep someone who made a ton of money on the last year of his contract when he only averaged less than 6 points.

Jamison, on the other hand, is an amazing team player and one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet in your life. He's proven that he can play on either a winning or losing team and still have a huge impact. I'm not sure how the Wizards came out bad on this. If anything, if the Mavs can't trade for Shaq they easily got the worst part of the deal.

If you expect the Mavs to trade Nowitzki you're dead wrong. Cuban has said (since he bought the club) that that's the one player he'll never trade.

It's not likely that the Mavericks would get Shaq without dealing Dirk. If offered the right the right incentives Cuban wouldnt hesitate to pull the trigger.

Forget Kobe and Shaq, if you want to win you get Tim Duncan. He is one of the few who goes and gets it done EVERY night. He doesn't complain, he makes no distractions, he just plays the game. Garnett is the other guy, both play defense and get you 20-10-5 every game. I would build around Duncan. Hopefully we see a Minnesota vs San Antonio conference finals next year.

Shaq is almost done and Kobe is to selfish. He needs to be around role players only, he doesn't like stars. Satisfies his ego over his team.

Forget Kobe and Shaq, if you want to win you get Tim Duncan. He is one of the few who goes and gets it done EVERY night. He doesn't complain, he makes no distractions, he just plays the game. Garnett is the other guy, both play defense and get you 20-10-5 every game. I would build around Duncan. Hopefully we see a Minnesota vs San Antonio conference finals next year.

Shaq is almost done and Kobe is to selfish. He needs to be around role players only, he doesn't like stars. Satisfies his ego over his team.

True, HOWEVER...

Focus on guys that are available. Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett are not going anywhere for a long time, whereas Kobe & Shaq will.

And I have to argue your statement about Duncan getting it done EVERY night. Did you forget the Spurs-Lakers series already? Duncan was non-existant after the first 2 games. He did absolutely nothing to help his team except pass up shots, turn the ball over, and let Karl "WWF" Malone make him his ragdoll. But, even still, he is one of the top 3 players in the game.

BTW, Toxikk -- what do you mean what are the wizards smoking? The draft this year is extremely weak, not to mention Stackhouse is (and has been) a problem child. He isn't a team player and never has been. He looks out for himself only and could care less if his team is in the playoffs, he only wants what's best for him, not his team.

Laettner also had career lows (I think...) last year and had a horrible year. He has also been rumored to be having problems with the Wizards' staff and reportedly was arguing with the owner, coach, etc. a lot. I'm not quite sure why they'd want to keep someone who made a ton of money on the last year of his contract when he only averaged less than 6 points.

Jamison, on the other hand, is an amazing team player and one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet in your life. He's proven that he can play on either a winning or losing team and still have a huge impact. I'm not sure how the Wizards came out bad on this. If anything, if the Mavs can't trade for Shaq they easily got the worst part of the deal.

word.

i can accept it. i didnt really like stackhouse anyway. it just seems like ex-wizards always shine elsewhere.

i mean. tracey hunter AND ben wallace are both wearing title rings right now...

It's not likely that the Mavericks would get Shaq without dealing Dirk. If offered the right the right incentives Cuban wouldnt hesitate to pull the trigger.

No, he wouldn't. I'll bet you money on that.

Well, good luck dealing him anywhere else. Dallas has said they'll never trade Nowitzki and Mark Cuban has re-stated that fact a million times in the past few days to local Dallas/Ft. Worth newspapers. Cubes would give away all his money before he does that.

hell, so would hi. he is a stud. and with a name like dirk, you gotta respect the guy.

he is a great baller.

but. they are saying that phoenix has dropped out of the "hunt" so where you think he could go?

is miami still possible?

lol, I'm with you there

Miami? I doubt it... There aren't many other places. The Grizzlies want him, but I doubt Shaq would accept a trade there.

i dunno dude. jerry west is there. and shaq came to la for jerry west. and he announced in march, that he wanted to leave... and partly cuz west was gone in memphis.

that would be big also. i would LOVE to see shaq in the eastern conference though.

Hmmm, possibly. West is there, but I think Shaq wants to go to a contender. I just don't picture him staying there longer than a year if he is traded there.

The Pacers also want Shaq and they can offer pretty much any players.