Aiport Extreme DROPOUT!

I recenlty bought an airport extreme and an ibook and for the first few days they worked fine together wirelessly but these days it just keeps on dropping out. I put interference robustness on and still it keeps cutting out and then being connected again and every week i have to reset the POS. what is wrong with it?

Could be that the extreme base is creating an interference with ur wireless home phone, or even your cellular phone. Make sure the base its as far away as possible from your monitor, or PC. Also try changing the channel its working on..

yea i was thinking maybe our cordless phone but then... where am i supposed to put it? or get rid of cordless phone :s... mmmm

yeha i have the latest firmware

they should make it operate at a different frequency rather thatn same or similar to cordless phones :angry:

I use both wireless Router + Airport Extreme card on my iBook and a Cordless phone (where 1 handset sits 4inchs away from my router.) and I have no problems I checked the manuals of both and they both work at 2.4Ghz :s

is your router aiport extreme tho?

i think it mite be the base station cos lately it has been needing to be reset every 2 weeks or so. sometimes it will just sit there and LAN will work but the wireless just refuses to be connected to. mite take it back and have it checked out properly