NBA Draft

man, nothing like the nfl draft but still exciting.

i was kinda shocked that the magic didnt take okefor. i am glad they didnt. i called it.

Bah, I just got back from eating and missed the intro to the draft... WTF happened with Washington's pick to Dallas? Did the league not authorize it for a while, or did Dallas actually want Harris? I would've thought they'd go for a center, no matter which one...

EDIT: Nope, looks like the stupid NBA office didn't finalize the deal in time.... Gaaaah.

EDIT: And there goes the player Dallas wanted to draft.

MAY get Shaq... and chances are if the deal breaks then they're going to trade Harris ASAP. And if you're the Lakers you want a center more than a gaurd.

IMO, ESPN was right -- they're either going to trade him or make a trade... I don't see them holding onto Neslon, they just didn't want to lose their pick with the time running out while no one would trade.

I think so, too... but chances are they'll trade him. Then again, maybe they won't. But I'm not holding my breath that they'll keep him.

I still don't understand why people think Livingston is so good. I've seen him play in at least 6 games and his best game was 15 points and 6 rebounds. I'm sorry but I don't see this kid doing anything good. I thought Duke was making a dumb decision on taking him, but then an NBA team drafting him? Nice pick Clippers. :no:

Edit: Some great pickups though for Chicago in Deng and Ben Gordon. I hope they can start turning around that team.

hahaha, thats the same thing boog was saying in msn with me earlier ill.

nw|Boog? says:

lol..the clips took Livingston from Peoria here....Man the clippers just suck

Toxikk says:

lol

nw|Boog? says:

I've seen livingston play....he was mediocre at best....against high schoolers.

last message received at 09:10 pm

I've got to agree. I'm from a 2A school in Texas and our team had better players than Livingston (well, they went to state and lost [my school], so it's not like I'm saying he completely sucks).

EDIT: Should mention 2A = 2nd lowest division out of 5 divisions (1A, 2A, 3A, etc.)

Edit: Some great pickups though for Chicago in Deng and Ben Gordon. I hope they can start turning around that team.

Yeah theyre both great. Chicago should turn some heads this season hopefully.

The really sad part is that Livingston was picked over guys like Deng, Igoudala, Luke Jackson, and Jameer Nelson. All of these guys who have had some experience in college basketball as opposed to Shaun's high school career. I saw Igoudala play at the IHSA state finals about 4 years ago, and I think he has a lot more potential and just overall skill than Livingston.

The really sad part is that Livingston was picked over guys like Deng, Igoudala, Luke Jackson, and Jameer Nelson. All of these guys who have had some experience in college basketball as opposed to Shaun's high school career. I saw Igoudala play at the IHSA state finals about 4 years ago, and I think he has a lot more potential and just overall skill than Livingston.

I agree100%

for a future first rounder. i guess thats a good move.

With the probability that Dallas is going to be a winning team for a few more years, I'd say so, since they'll probably have a lower pick.