Comcast High Speed Cable Internet

• 2 weeks later...
Nope. I've had Comcast for over a year. First 6 months were only $19.95  :laugh:

Sounds like Comcast Colorado is a lot cheaper for some reason.  :happy:

2354579[/snapback]

In Maryland Comcast costs about $49.99 per month w/ leased modem. I switched from Comcast to DSL ($29.99 p/m) and there are slight issues in our area w/ DSL... intermittent DNS problems... and weird fluctuations in download and upload speeds sometimes. :~) - I considered going back to Comcast but they are not worth the extra money. Plus Verizon DSL w/ MSN gives you 250MB of storage as opposed to the 10MB you get w/ Comcast.

hmm i use optimum online and get over 900 upload and over 5000 download

584880270[/snapback]

Yea I use optimum online and its probably THE best internet Ive ever had. Its supposedly 10mbit up and 1mbit down. Very excellent speeds both up and down I cant complain. Only thing bad is that my cable is capped right now because I uploaded over 20 GB in 2 weeks :rofl:

But other than that its great. Only $34.95 a month I believe, Also have Opt. Voice and IO Dig cable. Works out to be great :happy:

im in atlanta and i pay around $46 with the cable modem lease. I had it for around 2 years and I really havent had any problems. Only about 4 days out of the 2 years, the internet was down. 2 of those days was when they were changing from ATT to comcast. At first, i had 3.5mbit but as time went by, its 3mbit. It's okay, not too much difference

The only thing is, i pay $5 for modem per month, so i've paid more then $120 for the modem. The should stop charging me for this, i could get a modem for $120.

Hey I'm comparing this to my sucky slow-ass expensive DSL. Those are my only two choices - I really like it - it's fast and cheap.

2353854[/snapback]

DSL? Slow? Expensive?

Try $45/mo for 3000 Kbps downstream, 384 Kbps upstream ^_^

And: A free Static IP Address!

BellSouth FastAccess DSL Xtreme

• 2 weeks later...

Unlucky me, I let go VZ DSL and got Comcast cable due to the speeds. And just recently VZ upgraded to 3.0mbps, and still only 29.95$.......Im paying 55.99$ right now for comcast at the same speeds. Also at times it lags, ALOT, like goes from 400kbps downloads to 5kbps. Ive only had cable for a month, but Im not very satisfied, so I give them 6/10...........Keep trying comcast.

if you can get it in your area, try to get optimum online cable internet. its amazingly fast and the only time it slows down is when im doing a lot of uploading... it could be even faster if i paid for a business account...