Bertuzzi charged with assault

He was only charged because of the broken neck. Sucker punches are a part of hockey and this just happened to turn into a freak accident. The McSorley (spelling) incident opened the gates and the law in Canada will continue to get involved.

The courts should. Attacks like that shouldn't happen. Fighting should always exsist, it is a part of the game, but things like that need to be dealt with. This will stop others from being seriously hurt, he deserves what he gets and more.

He was only charged because of the broken neck.  Sucker punches are a part of hockey and this just happened to turn into a freak accident.  The McSorley (spelling) incident opened the gates and the law in Canada will continue to get involved.

according to sportsnet a couple of Philly players were succesfully charged 20yrs ago

and i think Bertuzzi deserves it. I still get heated everytime i see the clip of him suckering Moore.

Sucker punches are not a part of hockey, fights are, but cheap shots like that arent

He was only charged because of the broken neck. Sucker punches are a part of hockey and this just happened to turn into a freak accident. The McSorley (spelling) incident opened the gates and the law in Canada will continue to get involved.

Bwhwhwhwa! A freak incident?! You cannot tell me that was a freak incident! It wasn't simply a sucker punch. He was trying to get the guy injured, but not injured enough so that he was suspended. He said before the game that he was going after him, and then once the game was over he tried to sell some BS about that not being the way he plays hockey... and that is the way he plays the game -- dirty.

Guy finally got what he deserved, whether Canucks fans like it or not.

People, he's been charged. Big deal. Remember what happened to Marty McSorley? He doesn't even have a criminal record and he was charged with assault.

We'll see what happens. I personally think the league should have dealt with it and kept the courts out of it...but that's just me.

Back a few years ago a couple Philly Flyers were charged with assault I believe.

I just hope the league isnt' trying to make a statement with what they are doing.

We'll see what happens.  I personally think the league should have dealt with it and kept the courts out of it...but that's just me.

So if he had pulled a gun and shot the other guy, the league should have just dealt with it and the police should have stayed out of it? He broke the guys neck!!!

I just hope the league isnt' trying to make a statement with what they are doing.

Jesus, I hope they are trying to make a statement.

Wave,Jun 25 2004, 16:31] People, he's been charged. Big deal. Remember what happened to Marty McSorley? He doesn't even have a criminal record and he was charged with assault.

We'll see what happens. I personally think the league should have dealt with it and kept the courts out of it...but that's just me.

Back a few years ago a couple Philly Flyers were charged with assault I believe.

The league should have dealt with it and kept the courts out of it? Please tell me you understand the justice system. The NHL doesn't have a choice in the matter. Whether they want to or not, it's not their call. I'm sorry, but not even the NHL is above the law :rolleyes: They obviously delt with the matter with the only way that they could have, too. It's not like what Bert did can be fixed with him not getting two months of his salary. Please.

As Joel said, I hope they are trying to make a statement. Why wouldn't you want them to? They need to make a statement saying this sh!t won't be tolerated at all. Fighting and cheap shots that could paralyze people are two completely different things. Fighting in hockey isn't like an all-out brawl. What Bert did is absolutely disgusting. I'm sure if you were Moore you'd feel the same way. I know I sure as hell wouldn't want someone to get away with that nonsense. It has to be stopped.

And, despite what I just said.. the league isn't exactly trying to make a statement since they're not the ones making the case!

The league should have dealt with it and kept the courts out of it? Please tell me you understand the justice system. The NHL doesn't have a choice in the matter. Whether they want to or not, it's not their call. I'm sorry, but not even the NHL is above the law :rolleyes: They obviously delt with the matter with the only way that they could have, too. It's not like what Bert did can be fixed with him not getting two months of his salary. Please.

As Joel said, I hope they are trying to make a statement. Why wouldn't you want them to? They need to make a statement saying this sh!t won't be tolerated at all. Fighting and cheap shots that could paralyze people are two completely different things. Fighting in hockey isn't like an all-out brawl. What Bert did is absolutely disgusting. I'm sure if you were Moore you'd feel the same way. I know I sure as hell wouldn't want someone to get away with that nonsense. It has to be stopped.

And, despite what I just said.. the league isn't exactly trying to make a statement since they're not the ones making the case!

well said. Also, i can't beleive there are people saying that "Oh but he didnt MEAN to hurt him that bad"... wtf is that supposed to mean? you're responsible for your actions. A murderer who killed someone can't go to a judge and say "well i didnt mean it to be that bad"... too F'ing bad, tell that to the judge

Leave the poor guy alone, he was just having some fun.......sarcasm, this guy should be feed to a pack of hungrt Avalanche fans.