was i being hacked?

i left my computer on overnight so i could download slackware via ftp and when i woke up, the kerio alerts window was open showing people from verizon and aol trying to connect to my 6346 port (gnutella default). i didnt leave any other program on exempt for kerio and flashfxp. the person from verizon tried to make two tcp connections while the person from aol tried about 17 times. should i be worried? is this somewhat normal?

that sounds like the default port for incoming bt connections. I believe it was just people trying to connect to you to download pieces of the torrent.

Torrent? He is d/ling through FTP.

OMG NOO YOU MEAN TWO PEOPLE WERE TRYING TO PING YOU OMG YOU SHOULD DISCONNECT AND RUN NOW

No one cares about you enough to even bother hacking you. It was most likely just traffic being routed through you or a script kiddie running an automated portscan or something. Just because there were attempted connections on a port doesnt mean you were about to get hacked :rolleyes:

If your connection has a static IP, you could be worried (depends on degree of paranoia, after all, there is no service listening on those ports, is there?).

If your connection has a dynamic IP, you shouldn't be worried, as most p2p-clients today are capable of saving information about 'where to get parts' and they can try again for a long period of time. In this case, you could have gotten the IP someone using one of those p2p-programs had just before you. So clients that cached the information 'there's a client at this IP @ Port xyz and he's got parts 1,2,3 of file abc.' would still try to connect and your 'false-sense-of-security'-firewall would be telling you that ;)

I get random people trying to access my computer all the time, just buy a router or download a goof firewall andd ont worry too much about it. The internet is a wonderful place and traffic goes vitually everywhere.. there really are not as many people out there that try to maliciously hack as you might think there are..

if you used torrent at some point then the udp traffic can soemtimes continue to come in for days

People get the wrong idea of hackers .

lets just refresh

Hackers exploit the server and leave a message for the sys admin

crackers cause damage, hackers don't.

Get it right peeps :D

yea you were being hacked and they stole all your personal information and is gonna use your identity on another terrorist attact somewhere