[VB] Creating an email client

Question

How do you create an email client like Outlook express with VB? I know its hard but I just need a little something to get me started :happy:

17 answers to this question

buy some books and read then you will be good at VB and can just write some codes! :)

//The point is, you don't really expect people to start a thread and ask "How do I make an OE-like program." Someday, someone would create a thread and ask "How do I make a Windows-like OS in notepad?"

Well it sounds like you do ;).

To make a very simple program like OE you'd need to:

Have some sort of list view which can get the messages off a POP3 server

Have reply and compose abilities and be able to send via SMTP

And also track which messages have been read.

Not really that hard. Learn some POP3 and SMTP commands and see how you get on.

-EDIT-

I re-read the topic and realized my post was not applicable. My reply explains how to auto-configure Outlook not create a client like Outlook. Sorry.

-EDIT-

Edited by Maleboligia

//The point is, you don't really expect people to start a thread and ask "How do I make an OE-like program." Someday, someone would create a thread and ask "How do I make a Windows-like OS in notepad?"

And.. how do you:whistle:e:

Can you write an OS using VBScript and IE as the "compiler"? :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

OSes need to have bootloaders that take over control of all the hardware. That won't happen while Windows is running, unless you make "virtual" hardware...

Ill try it. It seems to be a good project to work on for the week. I program in C#, so I will convert it to VB when I finish it.