audio cd problems

hey..just a small problem....when i insert an audio cd..it says that the cd is actually playing but i hear no sound...basically i have figured out that the cd is playing through my cd drive and not my speakers...can u help me with this?....

You'll need to connect your CD-ROM with your Soundcard, because your CD-ROM alone can play Audio CD without being attached to the mainboard (but you still need power supply:P) This particular wire will make your soundcard produce a sound when your CD-ROM plays AudioCD instead of your CD-ROM producing it. See the manual ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Also, Check to make sure you have the correct driver for it.:p

If all else fails, most CD drives have a headphone jack and volume controls right on the front. Those almost always work. you could connect your speakers to the jack or just plug in headphones. ;)

configure is almost certainly right here, that cable is often the cause of CD audio problems.

Try to avoid the headphone jack, you get hardly any control of it on most CD drives - usually just volume, play/skip and eject!

I doubt you are missing anything. I simply meant what you said is the most likely cause of the problem. Remember though that with computers there is rarely only one correct solution.

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

NEway, it's been ages since I've played audio from a CD. I normally rip it with WMP and then you don't have to worry about inserting the CD each time... but if you don't have your cables plugged in correctly then you can't do this.