[WWE] The Great American Bash

OK, so who saw the GAB?

Most of the matches weren't that bad:

The Fatal Four Way for the US Championship, wasn't half bad, nice and fairly long. Cena kept the title so that's good.

Charlie Haas got nuked by Luther Reigns. Horrible match, even Charlie Haas looked crappy with this Luther guy.

Chavo Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio, awesome match. Probably the best match of the night, Rey Rey retained.

Kenzo Suzuki beat Billy Gunn in one of the worst matches I've ever seen. Please god, let Billy Gunn go back to Velocity.

Sable beat Torrie, yawn.

Mordecai beat Hardcore Holly in one of the worst matches I've ever seen (again) Please god, let Hardcore Holly go back to Velocity too (just think, he was in the main event less than 6 months ago)

Undertaker beat the Dudley Boyz, fairly decent Undertaker match, but the ending was retarded. Please let Taker retire.

In one of the WORST MOVES THE WWE HAS EVER DONE.....Justin Layfield Bradshaw beat Eddie Guerrero for the WWE Championship. I can't believe the WWE has sunk this low as to give the WORLD FREAKIN TITLE to JBL. Let's forget that a few weeks ago, he got fired by CNBC. Let's forget a few weeks ago while in Germany he gave the Nazi salute to the crowd there. Let's NOT forget he SUCKS as a wrestler and SUCKS as a character.

Anyone else see GAB? :D

Actually it is a sport....all the in-ring stuff (not the storylines, weapons and all that) like normal grapples and stuff is real....

I doubt this PPV sold high. Smackdown still sucks even though the last 4 weeks it has picked up....

I'm disappointed Cena still has the US Title, I mean I love Cena but Booker or RVD shoulda won.

Luther Reigns will be the next Kane. I can sense it. WWE just has to stop using original names like "Garrison Cade", "Mark Jindrak" and give him more a push

Kenzo vs. Billy Gunn - Ugh...what is it with the Japenese wrestlers? No offense but they don't go over with the crowd. They never do. Tajiri, Kenzo, Akio...all suck. Billy Gunn should be either a heel or tag team with someone. That's how he'll go over better.

Mordecai vs. Bob Holly - Another crap match. Again, Vince thinks Mordecai will go over with the crowd...he hasn't. Hardcore Holly should be pushed as a Heel and not a face. He needs to be a "hardcore" heel too and have the same agression as JBL.

Chavo Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio - Chavo sucks and shouldn't even be in this match. It should be Billy Kidman vs. Rey Mysterio. I'm glad Rey retains.

Eddie vs. JOHN Bradshaw Layfield (JBL) - I loved Eddie as champ but its nice to see JBL finally get it. We'll see how his reign goes over. Shouldn't be that bad.

The whole concrete crap with the Undertaker & Dudleyz was so they could kill the Paul Bearer character. I don't like Taker as the Deadman, I like him as the biker persona.

Smackdown by far is the worst brand....but then again RAW hasn't been good in months.....WWE really needs to do something because watching RAW or Smackdown feels like a chore

Smackdown by far is the worst brand....but then again RAW hasn't been good in months.....WWE really needs to do something because watching RAW or Smackdown feels like a chore

Raw hasn't been good in months :|...Beside the Kane-Lita Pregnancy angle everything is else on Raw is good. You have Benoit with the title. A possible Rock vs. Orton for Summerslam, All these promos and angles involving Eugene, And then we have a good HHH who's been cutting good promos and actually putting over people. These last 2 months for Raw have probably been its best for a while. Back to the Great American Bash. Good thing I didn't order. It was sooo bad that people I knew with illegal boxes didn't even watch it.

John Cena should have lost the title so that they could create some new stars for Smackdown and so that Cena could have moved on to bigger things.. He could have gone on to feud with JBL. JBL could be trashing talking Cena about how he what wrong with America today, corrupting our kids, and so fourth. That would have been the only way for the JBL winning the title to work out.

Edited by Ryan92

I bought it, and quickly regretted it. About 20 minutes into it, I was scrambling to find out if the cable company would allow me to cancel it.

They wouldn't.

I'm pretty quickly losing interest in WWE. Raw is *ok*, most of the time, but not nearly as great as it was 2-3 years ago. Smackdown is just a lost cause. Like Booker T said, it's the minor leagues. I just wish RVD, John Cena and the very few other names worth their weight would move back to Raw and Smackdown would just go away before it drags down the franchise any more than it has.

Raw hasn't been good in months :|...Beside the Kane-Lita Pregnancy angle everything is else on Raw is good. You have Benoit with the title. A possible Rock vs. Orton for Summerslam, All these promos and angles involving Eugene, And then we have a good HHH who's been cutting good promos and actually putting over people. These last 2 months for Raw have probably been its best for a while. Back to the Great American Bash. Good thing I didn't order. It was sooo bad that people I knew with illegal boxes didn't even watch it.

John Cena should have lost the title so that they could create some new stars for Smackdown and so that Cena could have moved on to bigger things.. He could have gone on to feud with JBL. JBL could be trashing talking Cena about how he what wrong with America today, corrupting our kids, and so fourth. That would have been the only way for the JBL winning the title to work out.

Agreed. I really hope WWE knows what they are doing with that pregnancy angle. Smackdown has been the worst brand for almost the last 2 years. It all went down hill once they changed the intro and theme to Smackdown from the Marilyn Mansion one. ha.

Seriously though, WWE shoulda never did a draft. Smackdown and Raw basically travel to the same area together. They are just like 40-60 miles away from each other most of the time except the international tours. WWE shoulda made use of Scott Steiner as a heel for Smackdown.

The Rock though really needs to comeback for awhile and do a title run. He can't just keepin popping in and out.