DNS

Ok, im trying to set up some advanced DNS rig here... here's how it is... we got a server at home with a dynamic IP, i use the DUC (dynamic update client) to give it a static hostname

so: i got eqx.zapto.org (static hostname) which always resolves to whatevr my servers IP is...

NOW... what i want to do is get my domain deltanetwork.net to resolve to eqx.zapto.org -- and thats NOT a port 80 or web redirect, i would like DNS forwarding...

if it helps, i do have a remote web server with WHM/Cpanel where i can create DNS zones and suchlike, i really dont know what im doing here i dont know if i can "host" my DNS on my remote server or turn eqx.zapto.org into a nameserver or something

could someone help me out?

If you have access to the DNS server for deltanetwork.net then you could create a CNAME entry for www that points to eqx.zapto.org

as i said though, i dont just want to redirect WWW traffic seeing as this also acts as an FTP/DNAS/IRC server :whistle:

and yes, i do have full dns access for deltanetwork.net

if you have full access to the deltanetwork.net name servers . Create cname records, call them whatever you want - eqx, or ftp, irc, etc that point to eqx.zapto.org

So if someone looks up ftp.deltanetwork.net - they would get pointed to the same IP address as eqx.zapto.org

TO be honest, since it looks like you are using no - ip.com (you mentioned DUC), why not move the domain to them. Thet is what I do. THe dynamic provider also host my domain, so all request to *.billprozac.com get forwarded to my home. Think simple.