MLB Radio/TV Announcers

So, who out there has a team they watch where their Radio or TV Announcer is a past famous player and/or actor? If so, what team, who is it, and is it radio or tv.

For me, The Brewers, Bob Uecker, and on Radio. Great announcer and yes, he WAS in Futurama too :p

Well, Cubs TV announcers are Cy Young Winner back in the day, Steve Stone, and Harry Caray's grandson, Chip Caray. And for radio, one of the greatest Cub legends, Ron Santo and his sidekick Pat Hughes.

Hawk Harrelson & Darren Jackson for the Chicago White Sox are my favorites

Chip Caray is a complete moron and I think some of the smarter Cubs fans will agree with me. His grandfather's commentator skills didn't pass down.

Ron Santo has a heart attack everytime there's a bad call against the Cubs. The same goes for when someone on the Cubs hits a 2 out single.

my cincinnati guys...joe nuxhall was the youngest player in the majors at (i think) 15. he is semi-retired now. marty brenneman is the true god of all the commentators. he's already in the baseball hof in the announcer's wing.

Edited by aem4162

Don Sutton, 300 game winner and hall of famer, announces for the braves.. as does Skip Caray, son of Harry Caray

I love the Braves announcers. One thing I don't like now, though, is the radio and TV guys don't switch over during the 5th inning.

Is Pete Van Wieren still doing play by play for the Braves or did he leave the team? Pete Van Wieren, Joe Simpson, Skip Caray, Don Sutton...I've spent most of my life listening to them :)

Oh yeah, out here in Cali for the Oakland A's we got Ron Fosse, a former A's player, doing TV color commentary. And for the San Francisco Giants there is Dwayne Kuiper and Mike Krukow, former Giants players, doing TV. And Jon Miller from ESPN does alot of radio and TV work for the Giants...other than Sunday nights, of course.

Is Pete Van Wieren still doing play by play for the Braves or did he leave the team? Pete Van Wieren, Joe Simpson, Skip Caray, Don Sutton...I've spent most of my life listening to them :).

yep, petes still around.. great team

Chip Caray is a complete moron and I think some of the smarter Cubs fans will agree with me. His grandfather's commentator skills didn't pass down.

I agree, he wount be part of the cubs broadcasting next year, he wants too much money and wants to travel with the team.

I think they will get Mark Grace to be the color comentator next year.