Konfabulator = freeware?

man i installed Konfabulator 4 the first time, i must say, its freakin awsome. oh yea cant the creators of Konfabulator sue apple for making dashboard so similar to Konfabulator? anyway, is this a freeware or shareware. it says im unregistered but i cant see an expire date.

normally it cots $29 registration fee, i dunno if arlo rose offeres a free download now because of tiger.

A windows port of this would be nice...

uhm, arlo rose is 5 months behind the windows release schedule by now. the guy he hired didn't share the windows code. so he fired him

for the time being use kapsules. veeery similar, almost the same: http://kapsules.shellscape.org/

Seriously, Apple did not rip off Konfabulator cos they had already done the idea ages ago and called it Desktop Ornaments keep in mind they made it way back in 1981.

desk_accessories.gif

http://www.folklore.org/StoryView.py?proje...e&detail=medium

Dashboard is a logical progression of it. Also look here at the the XP concept where they actually say:

ss1.png

It is worth noting that Kapsules was very much inspired by Konfabulator, a similar - yet very different application for the Apple Macintosh OSX platform. Kapsules ceases its similarities with Konfabulator beyond its general purpose and ideology.? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

I don't see them ranting about Kapsules over there

man i installed Konfabulator 4 the first time, i must say, its freakin awsome.

Yeah I agree man. I may just continue to use Konfabulater even when tiger comes out... :)

The only Konfabulator widget I actually use is The Weather. It is so useful and looks great on my desktop. I may use Tiger's Dashboard instead when it's out, because it seems like Dashboard will have more access to things like Address Book, or iCal. I would love to be able to check my calendar for the day without launching iCal, something Konfabulator can't do at the moment.

Seriously, Apple did not rip off Konfabulator cos they had already done the idea ages ago and called it Desktop Ornaments keep in mind they made it way back in 1981.

Desktop Ornaments? Weren't Notepad, Calculator, Key Caps, etc. all just separate apps? From what I remember they were anyway.. not sure where the 'Dashboard' concept fits in there.