Greatest sports moment

ok, so what do you think the greatest sports moment of history is?

i gotta say this is mine....

From Maxim 100 Greatest Sports Moments -- Band On the Run

When Stanford kicks a field goal with four ticks left to go up 20-19 over archrival Cal, the fans are juiced. When the clock expires during the final kickoff to Cal, they pour onto the field to celebrate?unwittingly screening potential tacklers and helping Cal pull off, with five laterals, the most bizarre kickoff return in history. It?s Kevin Moen who finally takes it in for the score, famously bowling over Stanford trombonist Gary Tyrrell. ?This was the biggest fiasco of all time,? grouses the embittered Stanford coach, Paul Wiggin.

The last second points by Jordan against Utah in thr NBA finals

Emmittt Smith performance in the Super Bowl XXVIII

Joe Monatana - Franco immaculate reception

Miracle on ice

Tommie Smith and John Carlos raising there fist at the '68 Olympics

Whitney Houston's National Anthem

Some others too, but certainly nothing about the Lakers. That was just stupid, dont get caught up in the soap opera that is the Lakers. Most disfunctional moments in sports maybe.

Bertuzzi smashing Moores head in...he deserved it. Free Bert!

nah jk, seriously, when the Canucks reached the Stanley cup finals in 1994...Vancouver was crazy..

1972, Canada vs. Russia, Phil Esposito slipping on his behind in front of the world during the presetation of the two teams

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

^ I was going to say that. I remember staying up late to watch that.

1972 Summit Series between Russian and Canada was amazing too. Paul Henderson pulling it out of his ass at the end was great. Meeting him years later was pretty damn cool too.

because they made a movie out of it?

never saw the movie, i just thought it was so unthinkable that the soviets would be beat, especially by a amateur u.s. team

The Call Shot By 'The Babe' Off course there is no nor is going to be a greater moment in sports than that

Nuff Saild :ninja: