How many have u switched

so far i have [persuaded] the following people into switching over to firefox:

1 - me

2 - my cousin [brett]

3 - my other cousin [steven]

my parents actually use Netscape so it wouldnt be much of a change to Mozilla for the, so i may consider trying my persuation skills :)

i convinced my good friend [karyn] to swtich to thunderbird, i am currently trying to get her to try out firefox :D

I switched well over a year ago.......I've switched a few friends......

Switched my dad to Mozilla this weekend, do to all the fuss over the

security holes, and that his pop up blocker wasn't updating like it should.

Mozilla has one built in. He's run it a few times and ask me what I did to

speed up his "internet" because now he says that websites seem to pop

up quicker. :D

I think mozilla is a good browser.......nothing against IE, but I just prefer

the tabbed browsing. I showed my dad, and he likes that! He pulls up a tab

for goggle, then another one for what he finds on google and keeps google

open on the other one. He then asked me why I never put this on his computer

before........well......everytime I try to update/refresh/change anything, you

always complain that he has to learn it all over again.......hey! that's half

the fun of computers. Yeah, but I'm 72........so, it's good for you! Keep your

brain from getting soft ;)

:alien:

i'm trying to switch som friends but they are to noob to understand that ie is not the only browser in the world

one time on messenger he needed help for spyware and i just told him to stop using IE and he was like

???????????????? WTF!!!! how you want me to go in the internet!!!!??????????????

????????????????????????????!!??????????u are crazy man!!!!!!!

i'm trying to switch som friends but they are to noob to understand that ie is not the only browser in the world

one time on messenger he needed help for spyware and i just told him to stop using IE and he was like

???????????????? WTF!!!! how you want me to go in the internet!!!!??????????????

so teach them about it :yes:. it shouldnt be that hard...im sure theyll be happy to listen, as long as you're patient and they listen :p

I switched, but was pretty hesitant because the Google Toolbar extension wasn't very close to The Real Thing. Really, when I weigh the pros and cons, They are pretty much the same for me. For example:

Reasons for not switching (because I am used to IE):

* I use Proxomitron so there is ad blocking and the such for IE (and FF). Also blocks text ads :) and cookies.

* Tabbed browsing: never really found it that useful. I just use the taskbar, with NO taskbar grouping.

* Popups: Google toolbar and Proxomitron.

* I got used to the toolbar interface.

* ActiveX controls or other browser holes never screwed me, ever, so I don't really worry about security. I also don't use AV :ninja:.

* Menus were faster... really!

* I just like the google toolbar :)

Reason for switching (because almost everyone seems to like it):

* Several things above is built-in to FF

* Nice extensions!!

* That's ad-blocking, mouse gestures, etc.

* Really, really customizable: pipelining, GUI, etc.

Things I Find Annoying in FF:

* Google toolbar extension is "sub-par"

* Menus are a _little_ slow to appear

* I can't mouse-scroll if a textbox has focus... *grumble*

* userChrome doesn't do anything?!

* The smilies in NW when you reply to a message, when you click them, if the text is long enough to scroll, it puts the scrollbar to the top, while keeping focus at the bottom.

Now that I'm done, people will start saying stuff about the things I said above and how I'm wrong :laugh:.

I've switched at least 4 people at school. Not much, but well worth it i think. :happy:

Getting "average" people to use it is difficult cause they're all like "Whats wrong with internet explorer?". I must start sending them to all those articles I read about it.

I use both. Btw. Mozilla should be worryed. I am a better tester of Longhorn. And ie is getting better with the updates and vs looks it got. And it runs much better

Oh man that's great. :laugh:

I was using Firefox, and got my girlfriend and her brother on it too. Then firefox decided, like IE, to not run properly anymore; Opera is doing it for me at this moment.