[NBA] Coach K is going to stay at Duke

*very large sigh of relief*

i was expecting him to go

He is overrated anyway, all he has is a good recruiting program because of the ESPN/DookieV/East Coast Bias.  :x

Dukes a good team. I think he is slightly overrated but I respect him. He has an awesome record at Duke.

HUGE sigh of relief.

if he had left, not that college basketball would have been bad but it would have lost a good coach. if you think about the whole thing it was a smart move because kobe could be found guilty and coach k would have looked stupid for leaving duke. and i really dont like how the lakers are doing everything in their power to keep kobe and saying damn to everything else on the lakers. he isn't promised to be a laker next year as far as his legal problems as well as his free agency. and the way they have treated shaq in the process? mitch and jerry have a hell of a conundrum on his hands if this doesn't pan out.

back on coach k thou, i like him more now that im out of college than i did when i was in. even though his kids don't stay he still recruits well and does well with his talent.

3 national championships, 11 time coach of the year and 10 final fours.  yeah thats overrated

Those numbers only come from the free recruiting help and hype that Duke gets every year from ESPN and DookieV. Any moron with a decent coaching staff would get the same results with that program. :x

If Coach K was actually a good coach instead of a mediocre one he would have easily won twice the amount of titles than he has now with all the talent he has had there so yes he "IS" highly overrated.

Those numbers only come from the free recruiting help and hype that Duke gets every year from ESPN and DookieV.? Any moron with a decent coaching staff would get the same results with that program.?:x:x

If Coach K was actually a good coach instead of a mediocre one he would have easily won twice the amount of titles than he has now with all the talent he has had there so yes he "IS" highly overrated.

What brand of college basketball are you watching? Duke plays in the most competitive conference in college basketball, in which EVERY school gets great recruiting. I hate Duke, I much prefer UNC, but UNC is more of a "ESPN darling" than Duke. Every year, their pre-season rankings have UNC much higher than they should be. Hell, one of their SportsCenter hosts is a UNC graduate.

And, if you want to really understand how great of a coach he is, look at the season he missed due to back surgery. They started the season 9-3 with a low talent pool, then Coach K misses the rest of the year and Duke misses the NCAA Tournament. Comes back next season, same players and they make the tournament. Yeah, pretty mediocre. In 20 years, he has only lost more than 9 games TWICE.

By the way, Dean Smith only has 2 NCAA titles in his career at UNC. But, I guess he was mediocre, too.:rolleyes:s:

What brand of college basketball are you watching? Duke plays in the most competitive conference in college basketball, in which EVERY school gets great recruiting. I hate Duke, I much prefer UNC, but UNC is more of a "ESPN darling" than Duke. Every year, their pre-season rankings have UNC much higher than they should be. Hell, one of their SportsCenter hosts is a UNC graduate.

And, if you want to really understand how great of a coach he is, look at the season he missed due to back surgery. They started the season 9-3 with a low talent pool, then Coach K misses the rest of the year and Duke misses the NCAA Tournament. Comes back next season, same players and they make the tournament. Yeah, pretty mediocre. In 20 years, he has only lost more than 9 games TWICE.

By the way, Dean Smith only has 2 NCAA titles in his career at UNC. But, I guess he was mediocre, too. :rolleyes:

I know the ACC was really strong last year but they are usually a top heavy conference with a few good teams and the rest being mediocre at best.

The ESPN/DookieV/East Coast bias is actually a free recruiting tool for most of the ACC schools but Duke benefits from this more than the others schools do. The other NCAA conferences don't get this kind of free recruiting help like the ACC schools get every year. :x

Yes, Coach K is highly overrated. It's a good thing they don't have a real coach like Olsen, Knight, Izzo, Self, Williams, Pitino, etc. to go along with all that talent they get each year, whew!!! :rofl:

Duke wouldn't be Duke without coach K.

I'm glad he didn't go. I didn't want him at the Lakers. I could just see my friends who are Duke fans (for no reason) start buying LA stuff as well. Purple and blue wouldn't match each other :)