connect win xp to win 2000

well the topic mostly explanes what i need help with. i wanted to have a lan game with a freind of tiberian sun (his comp cant play any better C&C games) but as far as i know which is not much i cant connect these to os together.. so any help would be great

thxs

Well, if you are both connected to the internet, you should be able to to a TCP/IP game. Check out your network options under the game and see if it does. In this case, one of you will "host" the game, and the other will join, you can go to http://whatismyip.com to get your ip address.

of course you can connect the 2 OS' up together i think the easiest is to go Right cick on My Network Places>right click the lan connection>properties>double click on internet protocol>use the following ip address> type something like 192.168.0.1 on your computer and 192.168.0.2 on his> then go tab and it should automatically put in the subnetmask if not enter 255.255.255.0 then maybe restart and it should work

of course you can connect the 2 OS' up together i think the easiest is to go Right cick on My Network Places>right click the lan connection>properties>double click on internet protocol>use the following ip address> type something like 192.168.0.1 on your computer and 192.168.0.2 on his> then go tab and it should automatically put in the subnetmask if not enter 255.255.255.0 then maybe restart and it should work

Sorry, I missed the lan game part, yes that would be the best method of doing things, either that or install the IPX protocol.