CSS Problem

Question

Hi, got some problem with a CSS setting. Mozilla Firefox can't seem to show my page correctly. IE has no problem with it. But if I change the "margin-left", firefox shows correctly but IE sucks up the page.

Can anybody help me with this?

Here is the link( sorry about the ads)

The correct one

sucked up one

Edited by leiahteh

5 answers to this question

Both look like crap in FF, but if you've got it working in both, just have some IE specific selectors to change the classes.

Firefox is displaying it correctly. Your problem is that your #rightcontent is giving different instructions to the background than the #wrapper. Remove the background from the #rightcontent, or change the settings.

I didn't fully read you css but a common problem occurs when you hav a section with a defined width and a margin/padding. IE ithink takes into account the margin/padding while firefox (and any other browser) (might be other may around). Just in general this can be a sueful "hack"

voice-family: "\"}\"";
voice-family: inherit;

Put that in the appropiate section and anything below that until you do } will not be read by Ie (it interprets that as a } ). Then you should also add the same thine you did below the thing, but under this (to be nice to opera). html>body . It will be best to show an example

#area {
     width: 100px;
     voice-family: "\"}\"";
     voice-family: inherit;
     width: 200px;
}

html>body #area {
    width: 200px
}

That will make #area have a 100px widht in IE but 200px width in all other browsers.