• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Complete Website Design

Question

Ibrahim    0

Hi,

I need to re-design my PPC Search Engine - SearchXS.com. I am willing to pay a few $$$ for it.

Title: SearchXS.com (XS to more info, more money)

How I want it to be: I want it to look corporate, just too professional. Not flashy, spooky images and fonts..

Examples: I like a few designs, I want my website to look like (or better than) one of these:

- http://www.rackspace.com (All pages)

- http://www.overture.com (Main page and search page)

- http://www.enhance.com (Search page looks too good, I want it the same way)

- http://www.espotting.com (all pages look good, simple and fast to load)

Difficulties: The script I use is SourceGuardian Decoded, so I cant edit a thing. You must be good at PHP or you must be good at html coz I had to add/remove a lot of br, tr, td tags for the search results to be displayed correctly on search page otherwise it went to the bottom, top and odd places..

Time: I need it soon, as soon as possible

Payment: I'll be able to pay $150+

It'd be really good and fast if you could talk to me over msn, yahoo, icq.

msn > webmaster@searchxs.com

yahoo> abdullahezzy@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Ibrahim

Jerry Grey    0

I think your logo and website is fine the way it is...

Akagi    0

maybe you can try to make your main page less wordy?

nowadays, it seems like less word means more user-friendly.

All search engines are going for the cleaner-sleek look.

Think google and msn..or even yahoo..

Paul    8

i'll do it :)

TomUsher    0

Really quick idea:

.t

post-31-1089213340.gif

Ibrahim    0

Gerry: Yes its fine, I designed it myself and its 5 months old now, and I want it to look much better now.

trigger_my_passion: Yea, I'm a member of WHT and I know just the logo costs $100 also I prefer neowin members as WHT members mostly design hosting templates, most of the requests/sales are of hosting templates and a search engine design is completely different.

Akagi: Exactly! Thats what I want it to be. I want it somewhat like espotting, overture and somethings from all the example sites I mentioned above.

HyperSpace: Cool, I dont want Ideas on it coz I know I suck at it. Current Design is mine and it doesnt look what I want it to..so I want someone to do it. Pls talk to me over msn. Thanks

trefaes: nice, that was quick but its just plain. as I said, I want it to look Corporate like those example sites I mentioned...anyway thanks for your effort :)

kloobik    0

I think I can help if anyone does.

Take a look at my portfolio and tell me the one you love : i'll try out to make it fit to you needs.

Otherwise, I can make it from A to Z

Just tell me

oops : i forgot the url : http://www.kooliss.net :)

J2000_ca    0

How about clean google style front page with much more css?

Edit: Forgot the link lol Example 1

dL    0

Um $150 US, or what? For a whole COMPLETE website with all the contents and stuff laid out and everything linked, it's more like $1000+.

dL

FusionGuy    0

I would have to agree with dL. For $150 you could get a logo done but not a complete site. Maybe it would be better if you just purchased a template. There are thousands of quality templates for under $100.

J2000_ca    0

He seems to just want a design to follow. He already made his own site.

Hankyone    0

what about this?

SearchXSwebsite.jpg

i know there is stuff to add and all but just want to know for the layout and etc

Cody    0

something i was working on for myself, but if it makes me money its alright. so far its all in css and 'home' is moused over. but i think anything is going to cost you more then 150$

post-31-1089347721.jpg

tktino    0

Ill do it for $50 or less

[ cant span cuz mod will kill me/ban me ] pm for links for work

J2000_ca    0

I really like how the second one turned out.

Example 2

Page2.gif

I borrowed the logo someone made in the other thread (props to whoever made it)

Ibrahim    0

kloobik: Your site isn't in English, I could just see those design and not anythign else heh, they were good. But none of em as I want it, howerver if you'd just make a rough sketch of it seing the above example sites, I'd be great.

J2000_ca: nah m8, I dont want it similar to the current design. I want the main page to have some info for advertisers and partners and drop down menus exactly as on searchfeed.com though I dont like the searchfeed.com design, but the main page is easy to navigate and explain what the site is about...so the main page should've a text for advtsiers and partners and drop down menus exactly as on searchfeed.com

So, the google idea wont do, coz I want advtsers and partners info to be displayed on main page.

dL & FusionGuy: I just want the main page and search page design. Search page is the page which displays results when you search. Do a search on searchxs.com and you'll see.

Hankyone: Thats just too too too plain :(. I repeat I want it to look more professional and corporate...please see the example sites above..it should give you an idea of what I want.

cody: thats just plain. is that it?

Jerry Grey    0

Good luck with SearchXS! :D

Ibrahim    0

heh..thanks :D hope someone comes up with a catchy design...and I know There are a few veterans here...I Love KoL's work so much, maybe someone like him comes up with something too good :D

kloobik    0
kloobik: Your site isn't in English

Learn foreign languages ;)

(an english version will be online soon)

Jerry Grey    0
heh..thanks :D hope someone comes up with a catchy design...and I know There are a few veterans here...I Love KoL's work so much, maybe someone like him comes up with something too good :D

Do you want a website with people (like here) or computers (laptops etc)?

neofeed    0

I think J2000_ca has some nice stuff. Well it's google like. Though even google did not invent this style.

Anyway. You say you want a full fledged quality design, for $150... That's the one thing.

The other is. What do you want to do with your site? Want to make people search or want to confuse them?

Searchfeed is, for my taste quite badly designed. It's not that you feel quided what to do. You find some hard readable text.

Some girl with glasses at first. So what is that site about? The header reads someting about PPC search engine. Now that is the

only thing you will notice when leaving that page because you don't find a home there. If they are lucky you will return and start

trying to figure out what they want you to do. Just because you are interested in the matter. Not because their site looks any appealing.

But you won't get anything very much better for $150. Designer do cost money.

I've to admit I haven't seen anything really good so far too, well except J2000_ca's stuff. But that's as you said not your style.

I'd say: think again what you want. And probably end up with something close to J2000_ca's. Though sure, J2000_ca's could use

some small quirks though too.

Just my thinking.

kindest regards,

Moritz "neofeed" Angermann

Ibrahim    0

neofeed,

I myself dont like SearchFeed's design. However, text on the main page is necessary as the Engine ias based on Advertisers and Partners.

And yea, I dont want the complete design. I just want the Main page and Search Page design.

Jerry Grey    0
Do you want a website with people (like here) or computers (laptops etc)?

?? :blink:

J2000_ca    0

I could add a drop down menu to any of them (it took me a while to figure out what you were talking about, the Search Feed one doesn't display in firefox). I can add spots for advertiser info and partner on the google like design.

What don't you like about your old design? The Colors?

Edit: Neo feed could you mention some of the quirks you would like to see happen to mine? I'm going to change the search bar around.