[NHL] Joel Quenneville new Avs coach

Eh, why did Granato get demoted? I think he did pretty damn well. Did Lecoux expect him to just up and win the Cup one year removed from loosing Roy? Forsberg might leave to play in Sweden, and I am sure they will lose other players. They re-signed Gratton, which I think is a good move. He will be like Niedermeyer in Anaheim, he will flourish. I wonder who will pick up Kariya and Selanne, since they are dispised by fans in Anaheim. I know I will boo them at the games...

You read my mind, axis. Seems like they didn't give Granato much of a chance. While Quenneville is a great coach I think they should have given Granato more time.

wasnt Quenville assistant when they won in 96 or '01? anyways, i dont think Granato was doing that good a job, but i dont think you can blame him for Selanne playing like ****, Kariya breaking a bone everytime he took a stride on the ice or Forsbergs abdominal problems, or the fact that Aebischer needs to improve his game

wasnt Quenville assistant when they won in 96 or '01? anyways, i dont think Granato was doing that good a job, but i dont think you can blame him for Selanne playing like ****, Kariya breaking a bone everytime he took a stride on the ice or Forsbergs abdominal problems, or the fact that Aebischer needs to improve his game

yeah, he was assistant when they won in 1996.

:blink:

The Avs name Joel Quenneville as the new head coach. Tony Granato will be the assistant.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=1835446

This surprised me. I also hope the Rangers made the right choice when they name their head coach, since Quenneville was consider for the position.

Tom Renney was interm coach for the end of the season for the Rangers, and will become the 'new' coach of the Rangers for next season ... it should be confirmed in the next few days