firefox icon

what file do i have to create/replace to change the firefox 0.8 icon? currently its some nasty globe icon and i dont know how to change it. :x

if it matters, i used apt-get to install it on mepis.

The firefox icon is the same from .8 to .9 I believe. In the default install of firefox the icon is located in :

/path/to/firefox/icons

the two icon names are :

mozicon16.xpm - or - mozicon50.xpm

Firefox 0.9.1 is out now. I'd recommend installing that as it comes with the newer icon.
im aware of that but apt-get fetches version 0.8. i dont have problems with 0.8 so i dont plan to switch anytime soon.
The firefox icon is the same from .8 to .9 I believe. In the default install of firefox the icon is located in :

/path/to/firefox/icons

the two icon names are :

mozicon16.xpm - or - mozicon50.xpm

yeah but the problem with that is i dont know where the icons are installed so saying "/path/to/firefox/icons" isnt really going to help me.

The firefox icon is drastically different from .8 to .9.

Treidus, go to where firefox is installed (ex. /opt/firefox/) and under that directory go to "icons" (ex. /opt/firefox/icons/).

yeah but the problem with that is i dont know where the icons are installed so saying "/path/to/firefox/icons" isnt really going to help me.

whereis firefox

will give you the path :shifty:

The firefox icon is drastically different from .8 to .9.

Treidus, go to where firefox is installed (ex. /opt/firefox/) and under that directory go to "icons" (ex. /opt/firefox/icons/).

I'm pretty sure it changed drastically from 0.7 to 0.8.

I have the same problem... I installed 0.9.1 for Linux but I don't have an Icon directory anywhere. The only icon I have is in the chrome folder but that one is really ugly.

I got this from the FireFox website a while ago. It still works for me on Windows.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Change the window icon

The default window icon for Mozilla Firebird has not yet been decided. Because of that, the red Mozilla icon is used instead, and on some operating systems the default system icon is used. You can change this icon to whichever you want by following these simple steps:

1. Go to the folder you installed Mozilla Firebird in (e.g. C:\Program Files\Firebird\) and then go to the subfolder chrome.

2. While in chrome, create a new subfolder called icons, then go to that folder and create yet another subfolder called default. The full path to this folder could be C:\Program Files\Firebird\chrome\icons\default\

3. Choose the icon you want to use (on Windows use .ico files, on Linux use .xpm files) and then place it in this folder and rename it to main-window.[filetype], e.g. main-window.ico on Windows and main-window.xpm on Linux.

In addition to the main window, you can also change the icon on the Bookmark Manager and JavaScript Console. The icon names are bookmark-window.[filetype] and jsconsoleWindow.[filetype], respectively.

After this is done, restart Mozilla Firebird and you should be able to see your chosen icon in the title of the browser windows. A nice Qute icon for Windows made by the author of the default theme in Mozilla Firebird can be found here.

Here's another nice one:
thanks, but im already using it ;)

anyway, thanks for the help everyone.

and soffcore, that command is really useful. :)

Here's another nice one:
thanks, but im already using it ;)

anyway, thanks for the help everyone.

and soffcore, that command is really useful. :)

Any time sir... well almost.. catch me when I am not drunk ;) LOL