iPod folder with exclamation point...

Okay, my neighbor "broke" his 10GB iPod. It's got the "little folder with exclamation point" when it starts up, right after the Apple logo. Anyway, he'll sell me this thing for like 50 bucks. Now, if I'm not mistaken...this is the same thing as when you start up a Mac with no OS and get the floppy with a question mark. I'm pretty sure it means the iPod can't find it's little iPod OS or Software or whatever. But, I'm gonna ask anyway (I'm sure you actual iPod owners know more than I do about it). This can be fixed with a full restore from the iPod updater, right? If it can, I'm getting a 10GB iPod dirt cheap. Just wanna check before I buy it.

Yes, restoring the firmware should fix that issue. I have an mac iPod that I formatted for windows that does the same thing, I've just never bothered to put the firmware back on it because I use it for storage.

Click

Click

Click

Looks fairly simple to me...this is after a quick google. All I'd have to do is use the iPod updater "Restore" function to format and reinstall the iPod OS or whatever it's called. Someone's getting a dirt cheap iPod :devil: