Mandrake Linux 8.2 has been released!

hehe yep

Some american servers have 600 people limit.. FULL haha

This bites..

this release includes KDE 3.0 beta.. transparency.. :)

Core System Components

* Kernel 2.4.18

* Improved Firewire support

* Support for USB2, ECC memory, i830 DRM, ATA133, Geforce3

* XFree86 4.2 provides 3D acceleration for many video cards previously only supported in 3.3.6

* Glibc 2.2.4

Software and Applications

* Apache 1.3.23

* PHP 4.1.2

* MySQL 3.23.47

* PostgreSQL 7.2

* Sendmail 8.12.1

* Postfix 20010228

* Staroffice 6.0 is the latest version of the famous Office Suite that boasts integrated creativity and productivity tools, improved interoperability with Microsoft Office files, support for XML file formats, and improved international support.

* Evolution 1.02 is a full-featured personal information manager and advanced E-mail client. Evolution provides the best features in its class.

* KDE 2.2.2 (KDE 3.0 RC2 is also provided as an alternative desktop for users who enjoy the bleeding edge) and GNOME 1.4.1 -- Enjoy the latest versions of these popular desktop environments. KDE 2.2.2 includes a new print system which has been integrated with PrinterDrake; GNOME 1.4.1 includes Evolution to closely match the features and look of MS-Outlook.

==========

On a side note, I would encourage people to buy a pack. It comes out in retail in mid-April. Go to Walmart and buy it there, under $50.

I can understand some w/o the money, but if you can afford it, buy it.

It helps support the great work by the folks at Mandrake, as well as members of the Free Software Foundation, like KDE, Gnome and others.

sonic.

We's talking cutting edge kernel that has NTFS support built in (for those that dual-boot with WinXP with NTFS enabled.) USB2! ATA/133!

Also cutting edge KDE/Gnome and Xfree!!!

I am not sure if SuSE or Red Hat offer kernel 2.4.18!

sonic.

Originally posted by SonicYouthXY

We's talking cutting edge kernel that has NTFS support built in (for those that dual-boot with WinXP with NTFS enabled.) USB2! ATA/133!

Also cutting edge KDE/Gnome and Xfree!!!

I am not sure if SuSE or Red Hat offer kernel 2.4.18!

sonic.

SUSE 2.4.12

Redhat 2.4.9

NTFS is read only--for now... You can try read-write, but you risk ruining your files.

But at least you'll be able to acces your MP3's and dirty pics stored under Windows XP's NTFS while running Mandrake 8.2!

sonic.

if you are on a slow connection, and you possibly can't afford $50 to but it retail... then you can head out to www.linuxcentral.com aorder cd-roms for like $6.00 or less.

these are just cd burns of the iso's available for free download. they do not include the brochures, manuals and tech support of a retail, boxed version...

currently, only mandrake 8.1 is available, but 8.2 should follow soon...

punkass