Screen Spanning Hack Experience

I know about the problems with the Rage based iBooks logic board and how it may of may not be connected to using the screen spanning hack. Has anyone had any experiences with logic board failures and the newer Radeon based iBooks and possible connections to the screen spanning hack?

i ran it for a few hours on my 800 MHz G4 iBook, and had no problems. it was kinda cool but the way my laptop and monitor is setup, it was a strain

I run it all the time, no problems at all. My logic board did fail but I am sure that was before I started running the hack. Its the best thing I have done to my iBook

just a question; do you guys have to do the hack each time you wanna setup the thing, or is it a once off thing? and can u reverse it? (like reverse it before u take the ibook to repair so it doesn't void warranty?)

You don't have todo the hack each time you want to use dual monitors for spanning (it rewrites a number in logic boards firmware from 0 to 1 which gives it the span like its powerbook brothers)

I installed it my logic board failed. (its a new one with the ATI 32MB 9200) still under warrenty they fixed it :shifty: anywho I know it was the hack that did it because my iBook failed as I plugged the monitor adapter into my iBook as I plugged it in the ibook screen went black was not responsive and the only thing I could do was reset it.

Seriously use this at ya own risk... when I sent it to them to be fixed he said 'do you need a disk backup?' I said yes. he said 'well we dont do them' great that a since it wont even go into Firewire mode (or hear the ding noise when you turn it on for that mater)

use at you're own risk...

And it does NOT Void warrenty installing the hack... because it only changes 1 digit in the OPEN firmware if it was closed and we did this hack (via a flash or what ever) then it would void warrenty.