[NHL] Mark Recchi signs with Penguins

i just read that! i couldnt beleive it. i dunno if thats a good move for Recchi, but if i had to the chance to play alongside Lemieux i'd do it in a heartbeat

It was speculated for a while... I wouldn't be taking the time to thank them, if I were a Rangers fan... I'd be praying my team makes it to the playoffs with that time you just wasted :p lol

We all know Lemiuex will play a few games, then his hip will mess up. Then he will only play home games and finally retire before the all star break. Recchi made a mistake, unless he likes loosing. Philly had a chance, he squashed that. They better sign someone to make up for that, Selanne maybe? I think he was over shadowed in Colorado and had a tough time because of ice time and the fact that if he screwed up, he got less ice time. Pressure can crush some people.

Well Recchi has family that lives here and always loved the penguins and he even took a pay cut to still play here before he got traded. Rumour has it that Kovalev is coming back to pittsburgh too.

Matt

If Kovalev comes back, do you know how much of a pay cut he would have to make. Mario better sign a new contract and that he has to pay the Penguins instead of them paying him. It wont happen, it is not financially possible for a franchise this close to rock bottom. They have to just ride the young guys they have now, they had a nice run at the end. I remember that because it was the 2-1 win over my Ducks that pretty much ended Anaheims playoff hopes last year. DAMN DAMN DAMN!