Can you remove nail polish remover?

Hey guys, ive got alittle problem. I was trying to remove some marker from my friends laptop, and I used nail polish remover. Now thers a big white smear over where the marker word had been. Is there any way to remove the nail polish remover stain? Or do i have to paint over it?

Well, I think you should pay for a new laptop if you damaged it. It became your responsibility when you took it from your friend.

Well, I think you should pay for a new laptop if you damaged it. It became your responsibility when you took it from your friend.

Be quiet man.

ck2k01 - have you tried a small amount of white spirit on a cotton wool bud?

1st of all... :boo: :trout:

Unless it's on the screen, get a nice kick-ass sticker, and tell him that he's now a cool guy with nice sticker on his laptop... :whistle: otherwise... I would suggest telling him and pay for the damage!! he he he he :no:

the chances are that the acetone (polish remover) has eaten (or bleached) whatever paint or dye that was covering the plastic.

basically, it's screwed you gotta

A) be honest, hope your mate's ok about it

B) lie, get busted and killed by your mate

C) be honest, see if you can make it up to him and replace whatever bit you killed.

When I **** up with my marker on my CDs my GF gets nail polish and it removes it very nicely. You have to remove the polish quick though... don't let it dry for 2hours lol.

Throw a sticker on there..any kind...then when he takes it off... say it was probably from the sticker

Throw a sticker on there..any kind...then when he takes it off... say it was probably from the sticker

It's still gonna be his fault... that's not a solution, its just an alternative way to get killed.

is ther any like really thin black paint i could just rub into it?

:rolleyes:

you could possibly use vinyl dye, but you're a walking disaster so far, so don't unless you have a grown up to help

ha ha ha i feel better now, after i found out that my ?75 trousers I bought for a diner and dance cant be washed normally (they have to be dry cleaned) and are now half my size.

ha ha ha i feel better now, after i found out that my ?75 trousers I bought for a diner and dance cant be washed normally (they have to be dry cleaned) and are now half my size.

:laugh::

lol thanks for all the help guys... :rolleyes:

... by the way it just a tiny little spot, so i think u guys think this is alot funnier than it actually is...

...and if anyone has any useful suggestions about how to touch up the spot (like that car stuff that blends into dents to match you cars color) or something like that, please post. If not just post about how funny this is, cas it helps alot.

Edited by ck2k01

Hey guys, ive got alittle problem. I was trying to remove some marker from my friends laptop, and I used nail polish remover. Now thers a big white smear over where the marker word had been. Is there any way to remove the nail polish remover stain? Or do i have to paint over it?

It's not a stain. Nail polish remover is nothing more than weak acetone, which melts plastic. The white that you see is where you have melted the plastic of the laptop.

It cannot be restored.