2 K Raikkonen (McLaren)

3 R Barrichello (Ferrari)

4 J Button (BAR)

5 JP Montoya (Williams)

6 G Fisichella (Sauber)

7 D Coulthard (McLaren)

8 M Webber (Jaguar)

britain.gif

Silverstone is a great track. Its mix of corners means it is a good test of the all-round abilities of both car and driver, but overtaking is difficult.

Becketts and Copse, in particular, remain daunting tests for man and machine - and provide spectators with a glimpse of an F1 car's awesome capabilities.

Its facilities are less impressive.

Following some much-needed investment in the complex, has made great strides in recent years to improve, but it is still, as team owner Frank Williams says, "scruffy" compared to many other tracks.

Update ~ Qualifying Results.

1 K. R?ikk?nen MLA

2 R. Barrichello FER

3 J. Button BAR

4 M. Schumacher FER

5 J. Trulli REN

6 F. Alonso REN

7 D. Coulthard MLA

8 J. Montoya WIL

9 T. Sato BAR

10 M. Webber JAG

11 F. Massa SAU

12 M. Gen? WIL

13 O. Panis TOY

14 C. da Matta TOY

15 C. Klien JAG

16 G. Pantano JOR

17 N. Heidfeld JOR

18 G. Bruni MIN

19 Z. Baumgartner MIN

20 G. Fisichella SAU

This is my 2nd favorite GP after Monaco. Fast corners and fantastic action when it gets we:devil:il:

My choice for Win ~ "Fingers Crossed&quoButton/b>, Home support, some strong times in practice and some nice consistant racing thoughout the season has givenhim a big boost. Aslong as BAR get a decent strategy for pitting and it dont rain it should be good for him.

... but if it rains ( Prob gonna happen, dam english weather ) im gonna have to say Schumacher.

Current Standings.

1. Michael Schumacher (D)

2. Rubens Barrichello (BRA)

3. Jenson Button (GB)

4. Jarno Trulli (I)

5. Fernando Alonso (E)

6. Juan Pablo Montoya (COL)

7. Takuma Sato (J)

8. Ralf Schumacher (D)

9. David Coulthard (GB)

10. Giancarlo Fisichella (I)

11. Kimi R?ikk?nen (FIN)

12. Felipe Massa (BR)

13. Olivier Panis (F)

14. Cristiano Da Matta (BR)

15. Mark Webber (AUS)

16. Nick Heidfeld (D)

17. Timo Glock (D)

18. Zsolt Baumgartner (HUN)

19. Christian Klien (AUT)

20. Marc Gene (E)

21. Giorgio Pantano (I)

22. Gianmaria Bruni (I)

Team Standing

1. Ferrari

2. Renault

3. BAR Honda

4. Williams BMW

5. McLaren Mercedes

6. Sauber Petronas

7. Toyota

8. Jordan Ford

9. Jaguar Cosworth

10. Minardi Cosworth

Any Other PredictioUpdated with Qualifying Results..Updated with Race Resultss

Edited by daveS

Well jensons lsat to qualify after a decent 1.18 time. But with Wett Weather looming for this Qualifying

~ do BAR seam to know somthing that other dont know ???

Kimi's great qualifying lap finishing pushed him ahead of the pack to P1! McLAREN's new cars have proven themselves to work great.

Replying to Jarno Trulli's commentary about "overtaking is difficult in this circuit" - which F1 circuit allows easy overtaking, blerh+duh.

Ive really gone off F1 im not sure what time its on but anyone who would watch f1 to mo what british super bikes or motoGP and your see what your missing out on,

This is my 2nd favorite GP after Monaco. Fast corners and fantastic action when it gets wet :devil:

I'm looking forward to it (Y) Can't say I like Monaco though, not enough overtaking potential ...

Yeah Raikonnen on pole!!! this has to be HIS race !! :p

Yeah he drove very well all weekend. Lets hope there new car will hold up, its looking very good.

I'm looking forward to it? Can't say I like Monaco though, not enough overtaking potential ...

and yeah Monaco is Great when there is overtaking and when its wett:)) But when it there isnt its a bit boring.

I hope Button wins the race as I like to see a fellow Britain win, but you can never rule out Schumacher because he is the best racer in the game.

So Schumacher to win.

wow. Did u all saw trulli? amazing...

Can anyone post the clip or the shot?

_40371147_trulli300_ap.jpg

Trulli lost control of his Renault at well over 100mph heading into the Priory corner on lap 40, smashed into the wall, spun three times and somersaulted before coming to rest the right way up.

Officials sent out the safety car while Trulli, apparently uninjured, was helped from his car by doctors and the barriers repaired.

:pinch: Ouch !

Ouch for Trulli. Like the comentator said "It's more of a canoe than a car"

Glad to see McLaren have finally got a reliable/competitive car, too bad it only came out last week.

Hoping to see alot more from the McLaren for the races remaining.

Edited by jymi

Michael Schumacher wins the 2004 Silverstone Grand Prix. While some may argue that this is bad for the sport in general, in the end the best man won on the day. Michael Schumacher is by far the best driver in F1 at the moment, and may prove to be for some time to come. However, for those who have lost hope - fear not. F1 is creating some great talent for the future. I would suggest you watch...

Mark Webber - Jaguar,

Jenson Button - BAR

Fernando Alonso - Renault

Nick Heidfeld - Jordan

Jarno Trulli - Renault.

These drivers are the real, untapped talent of future F1. Though Michael Schumacher may be winning all Grand Prix's at the moment, for these young drivers - their time will come.

P.S if in doubt support Minardi - they produce the most talented young drivers in F1 - and without them the sport would nothing.

Master Spy.

MasterSpy: totaly agree with the young talent thing but you forgot Kimi :p

Also, it's not just because Schumacher is a great driver with a great team and car, it is also the team's stratagies that they use to win. Example: last week in France everyone was using a 3 stop stratagy but Schumacher streched it out to four and got any away with a great win, same thing today, everyone went for 3 stops and Schumacher went for just 2. So there is more to Schumacher's wins than just his sheer brilliance and car.

Doh Forgot Kimi. (Sorry Kimi :D ) Yes I agree that Ferrari is a great team and the car is very good. However, if you put everyone in the same car and made them race with same stratagy etc.. Michael would win. I think he is currently in his prime of racing - and will be for some time to come. A mistake other drivers make is that they become disheartened that Schumi is always winning, which doesn't help them.

Which Michael, even after all his 80 wins, World Championships and Trophies - he still has the determination and drive (excuse the pun) to win. When he was behind in the 2003 World Championship he made a real effort to fight back. With Michael you can't really fault him. He demonstrates almost perfect (German) efficiency. Other drivers - Fernando Alonso for example have the raw talent, perhaps more so than Michael - but where I fault Alonso is that he doesn't have complete commitment.

As for stratagy. Ferrari clearly have the technical wizardry of Ross Brawn and the money to fund it. For Michael, luck (or fate - whichever you belive in) seems to be with him. As Montoya recently commented - "He's there at the right time." and I say good for him. We can't have arrogant ######'s like Juan Pablo winning races, let alone World Championships.

Michael Schumacher is a great driver - possibly the greatest ever, and this is down more so to his "sheer brilliance" rather than other factors.

P.S Minardi fo World Champions next Season. Place your bets now. The odds aren't that long....

Master Spy.

P.S Minardi fo World Champions next Season. Place your bets now. The odds aren't that long....

LOL.i heard that Paul Stottard(?) is selling Minardi because he is loosing more and more money every race or something like that.

McLaren 1-2 next year (Kimi 1st ofcourse ;))

Paul Stoddard (Correct Spelling) is always try to selling Minardi - but nobody wants to buy it! (Joke) No, seriously he always says he'll sell it because he makes a loss - or used to anyway. However due to the new F1 TV money rules he doesn't lose as much if any (I'm not sure of his personal financial situation) If anyone will be selling out, it's Jordan. Rumours are that he's [Eddie Jordan] selling 50% of the team to a very rich Oil Arab.

Perhaps he may do want Ken Bates did at Chelsea - sell the business for ?1. Then even I could afford it... just not the million pound debts!

Master Spy.

We can't have arrogant ######'s [sic]like Juan Pablo winning races, let alone World Championships.

Classy point. Well reasoned, well argued. Reflects well on you. :rolleyes:

So, it's all right for one arrogant driver (Schumacher) to win races and championships but not all right for another one (Montoya)? Interesting rationale, there.