Dedicated Server

Me and a few friends run an IRC channel, are thinking of paying for a dedicated server between us, for storage.

We found the following server, what do you think of the spec and the price, and could you find something cheaper?

Intel Celeron 1.7Ghz

512mb Ram

80Gb Hard Drive

1200Gb Bandwidth

RedHat Linux

10mbit Uplink

5IP Addresses

$69 per month

http://www.servermatrix.com/

Thanks

EZ Tutty

sometimes they have the 2.4 ghz celeron, 1 gig ram, with no setup fee and $79 a month. i would wait if i were you to see if they have that promotion again soon.

this seems cheaper and 2.4 vs 1.7 and 100mbit conection ;)

OS: Windows 2003 (Web), RedHat Fedora, Debian 3.0, or FreeBSD 5.1

Processor: Intel Celeron 2.4GHz.

Memory: 512MB ECC DDRAM.

Hard Drives: 80GB EIDE 7200RPM.

Control Panel: To order CPanel, visit www.softwareworks.com

Connectivity: 100Mbps (AboveNet / XO).

Standard Features: 24/7 Network & Server Monitoring; 99.9% Uptime Guarantee; Full Root Access; No Restrictions on Contents; No 95th Percentile Rule; No Sales Tax; and No Contract Required (Monthly Billing).

Each server is assigned ten (10) IPs at no charge

$60 per Month - http://www.managed.com/

hmmm that does sound good :)

only thing is the loss of the cpanel

what can i do with the cpanel that i wouldn't be able to do without it?

forget my last post, i just released the other server never had cpanel either.

Nice find BudMan i've got a feeling we will be ordering one of them very soon :)

firstly you are going to need difrent ips for irc than the normal ones that you buy seeing they are tied up with some rules.

2ndly does that datacenter allow irc?

most datacenters dont...

i say goto www.webhostingtalk.com make thread there ask ... the answer you will get are from people which know there stuff

the server won't be used for IRC, but for storage, making it quicker to get files onto our bots using FXP.

Managed.com has no restrictions on contents.  Adult materials, MP3s, games, and audio/video streaming are permitted. However, customers are strictly prohibited from using egg-drops, IRC bots, warez materials and shell hosting

let me know how they work out ;) You just asked if could find cheaper - I have not used these guys yet. But sure looks good - the month by month is a nice plus too. Makes it easy to migrate to another provider very quickly, etc..