[NBA] Kobe re-signs with Lakers

I doubt Kobe will spend any time in jail. I think he'll be found innocent. Just a hunch.

I'm not much of a Lakers fan but I thought that's how it would end up.

He signs just as Shaq gets outta dodge. Interesting.

Wonder if his contract agreement has anything about him going to jail in it?

That's a good question - does he make millions of dollars while sitting in a jail cell? You'd think they would have put something in there about that.

ugh i hate kobe. he's the reason i'm not into the lakers as much as before

on the topic of the case though, i think he's innocent. that girl had too many problems in the past to be dismissed

:yawn:

Who here isn't surprised at this....

I mean, c'mon.......Kobe going to the Clippers?!?!?!?!

Yeah...when monkeys start flying out of my butt....... :)

T

Wave,Jul 15 2004, 13:53] He signs just as Shaq gets outta dodge. Interesting.

duh he is the main reason why shaq was traded their building around him and if shaq was gunna stay kobe would of been gone

duh he is the main reason why shaq was traded their building around him and if shaq was gunna stay kobe would of been gone

Uh, no. Kobe was not the reason Shaq got traded. Shaq is the reason Shaq got traded. Phil Jackson is the reason Shaq got traded. Mitch Kupchak/Jerry Buss is the reason Shaq got traded.

The Lakers are the reason Shaq got traded. True, they are building around Kobe, but where is the logic in that? When has a guard (besides Michael Jordan) EVER led his team to a championship without a quality big man? The Lakers are a sorry franchise, capable of no loyalty or commitment. Jerry West had that - he had loyalty and commitment, and he took it to Memphis where he has made the Grizzlies a better team than the Lakers (now, that is).

I guess Kobe is too ignorant, blind, stupid, arrogant, selfish, egotistical, etc. to have seen what Tracy McGrady went through in Orlando without a big man, or Allen Iverson in Philly, or Paul Pierce in Boston, or Ray Allen in Seattle, or the whole freakin Dallas Mavericks team!

Spurs, Twolves, Kings, Suns, Mavericks, Grizzlies, Nuggets...maybe the Lakers? The Jazz could beat out the Lakers for the final playoff spot. And it's beautiful to watch :yes:

Wave,Jul 16 2004, 08:53] He signs just as Shaq gets outta dodge. Interesting.

Lol! Would be funny if it does have something about jail.

i hope he goes to jail, and the lakers loose both their stars, i wouldve kept shaq and tried to go after t mac, cant really replace a shaq, you can replace kobe in my eyes. hope the lakers get screwed and kobe goes to jail

ok! lets send a man to jail with evidence that he is innocent, and half is also being withheld from him. Also his so called victim has quite the sexual and mental history. of course! send the sick ****** to jail, he has too many championships, money and sponsorships. :rolleyes:

I don't look his case as a celebrity case at all. In this case I see him as a simple guy no different from the next accused person.

But yes, Kobe is resigning with the Lakers, for the price of Shaq and Phil Jackson. Kobe better play one hell of a season next year or he will be ridiculed for the rest of his playing career. Phil Jackson was a large enough loss, let alone Shaq. The Lakers just gav up two great forces for one. Kobe Bryant. Actually the Lakers have two new rookies with surprising promise. Rush, and Walton. They are quick players, Rush with the shot and Walton with his father's initiative. Maybe they can make it to the playoffs next year. But I very much doubt the championship is in their eyes any longer.

This has to be somewhat of a comfort to Laker fan.

Yea comfort. Comfort to know that the Lakers very own 'baby' will stay with them.

Must be comfort to know that the Lakers are done. Kobe's nothing but a silver-spooner.

No one will like playing with him and I pity his teammates and Laker fans.. Someone needs to slap him and tell him he's not Jordan, or ever will be. I personally have always been a Laker fan, though I could never come to like Kobe.

The'll be lucky to even get to the playoffs.

Ohh well.. Go Heat! :woot:

Yea comfort. Comfort to know that the Lakers very own 'baby' will stay with them.

Must be comfort to know that the Lakers are done. Kobe's nothing but a silver-spooner.

No one will like playing with him and I pity his teammates and Laker fans.. Someone needs to slap him and tell him he's not Jordan, or ever will be. I personally have always been a Laker fan, though I could never come to like Kobe.

The'll be lucky to even get to the playoffs.

Ohh well.. Go Heat! :woot:

You can't tell me the Laker's are now worse for signing him. Kobe may be a whiner, complainer, baby, whatever else, but he still adds loads of talent to the team.

Never did I say the Lakers are better, worse, or anything in between.

You have to admit the Laker's are better with him, than without him. Better may mean a few more games, the playoffs, or the championship. You just never know.

They are better with him for sure. If I remember correctly, the Lakers have a losing record with Shaq out the lineup and with Kobe in it, a winning record with Shaq in the lineup and Kobe out. Correct me if I'm wrong.

They lost Fisher as well, they won't be the same team for sure, I don't see a championship for them this year or the next few years.

Kobe should've gone to the Clippers. Even if both teams got just as far this year in the season, he would've been praised as a Clipper for helping their team to rise to new heights. I personally don't think he's gonna be able to handle the load of a franchise on his shoulders alone.