VBScript Function Question

Question

I'm working on a homework assignment and I have absolutely no idea where to begin with the creation of this function. Here is my assignment, briefly:

I am to create a shirts.html file that creates a form with a number of pieces textbox input, with three buttons: employee total, show summary and clear form. A link to the entire homework assignment, if needed: http://www.skydreamer.co.uk/school/web-scripting/shirts.html

The first thing to do is create a function to calculate the following:

Number of shirts ; Price Per Piece

1 to 199 ; .50

200 to 399; .55

400 to 599 ; .60

600 or more ; .65

Do I use less than, greater than operators to figure this?? If so, I am not quite sure how to go about it - they seem to only calculate two things then. I was doing quite well on my programming homework, which is surprising but now I am 110% stuck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Or maybe this should use the if...then...elseif statements? Thanks again for your time...

3 answers to this question

I know this will work with server side asp pages so you might have to play with it a little bit, but here you go for what it is worth

function getPrice()
  if isNumeric(textbox1.value) then
   if textbox1.value >=1 or <= 199 then
     getPrice = 50
   end if
   if textbox1.value >=200 or <= 399 then
     getPrice = 55
   end if
   if textbox1.value >=400 or <= 599 then
     getPrice = 60
   end if
   if textbox1.value >=600  then
     getPrice = 65
   end if
  else
   getPrice = "Invalid amount"
  end if
end function

just remember to add the "." back in when doing calculations

Wow, thanks! I just needed to be pointed in the right direction. I'll try that out and let you know how it goes. :) Thanks again, Viper.

Wow, thanks! I just needed to be pointed in the right direction. I'll try that out and let you know how it goes. :) Thanks again, Viper.

no problem, but I was writing that to fast and found one thing you need to change.. change all of the "or"'s to "and"

or it will always evaluate to the first if statement.