[fx]Incomplete install under win 2k3

Hi

I have a very annoying bug in firefox setup under Windows 2003. When I install a firefox version from account Administrator, at the end of the setup i click on finish. If i check checkbox "start firefox now", it not starts. So, i press finish, then I'm trying to start firefox. A message box appears with a message something like this: "installation not finished yet, please reinstall". If i reinstall, i get the same thing. If i restart my comp, i still get this message. When i install Firefox from an other account with Administrator privilages, i have no problems. WHY??

KTamas

If i use zip to update an installed version

if u read the readme it tells u to get rid of any previous version, so rename the folder or something before unziping the new one, its not an update but a full version.

Interesting, you might want to file the bug. I never have any problem running zip version on Windows Server 2003. I never try the installer version yet since I'm quite addict to the unofficial optimized build. :p

The problem your running into seems to be something in your profiles folder.

C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\application data\mozilla\firefox\profiles\default.xxx\

The location varies depending on your firefox version. What did you have installed prior?

Installing firefox on other user accounts wouldn't have this error because (I'm guessing here) you hadn't had firefox installed for those users before. The folder would have been freshly created.

Move the whole mozilla folder somwhere else on your drive and then start firefox. It will recreate the directory.

Edited by bsarmir