[NFL] Eddie George Released by Tenn

It might sound weird, but it wouldnt suprise me if he ended up back in Houston or even Dallas for that matter. Its sad that he was cut, but he should of taken the pay cut. He belongs in Tenn.

:o

In the end, it all came down to one thing:

Money.

The Titans had given all they could.

Eddie George wanted more.

Now he is free to find it somewhere else. If he can.

At the heart of the issue is a missing $1 million. Last March, the Titans paid George $1 million as a roster bonus. It was, in the minds of Titans higher-ups, a sign of good-faith negotiations. If the team had wanted to cut George, it could have done so immediately after last season and saved the $1 million.

''To us, we had already given Eddie $1 million, so the $1.5 million we were offering was actually a $2.5 million package,'' said Titans G.M. Floyd Reese.

But George and his agent, Lamont Smith, saw it differently. The $1 million was already in hand. They refused to accept it as part of a contract offer. And in their minds, the $1.5 million the Titans were offering was not enough.

We can play semantics here, but this is the bottom line: The Titans wrote a check for $1 million. George deposited $1 million. And $1 million was counted against the Titans' salary cap.

Reese called the $1 million ''non-negotiable'' in terms of counting it toward the Titans' total offer. As it turns out, the team paid $1 million to a guy who will not play for them this year. Incredibly, the roster bonus has become a non-roster bonus. It was money for nothing.

That tells you all you need to know about this strange twist of fate. Greed or pride or both got the best of Eddie George. For all the talk about his role with the offense, this was less about Titans blue and more about George's green.

STORY

Good Runningback still, hes powerfull but not as speedy as the "star" rbs. He would be a great pickup for a team like Houston or Dallas in my opinion

he needs a team with a really strong O-line! an O-line that can open up some big holes, (not knocking the titans or anything) but tennessee IMO didnt have a good enough line to open up the running game! and when they did george did his thing! i agree with tox, on denver. denver has a very very good offensive line, he would fit in nicely into thier system.

****, not even 10 mins after i posted this, i took a peep at espn.com and eddie and dallas might be getting close to a 1yr deal, they didnt say what the amount will be but, i guess that screws up my post... haha!

Good thing my Eagles aren't going after him.

His numbers have been so diminished lately and he'll be lucky to hit 1,000.

I'll take Westbrook over George any day.

Play for Dallas and get flattened by Trotter and the Freak, bwahaha.

xt. he is still a locker room leader.

that still counts right?

why else did the boys sign vinnie?

We've got enough locker-room leaders. ;)

xt.  he is still a locker room leader.

that still counts right?

why else did the boys sign vinnie?

To start, in case Q f#cks it up. :laugh:

We've got enough locker-room leaders.  ;)

Like....?