Removing Bearings From Hockey Skates

I bought some new wheels and I want to take out the bearings from my old one and stick them into my new wheels. The problem is, they don't come out! I know they do but I know you need some kind of tool (or trick) to pop them out. If anybody can help me out or point me to a website that has all the info that'd be great! Thanks!

no need for a tool or trick just stick in there the L key or allan key whatever you wanna call it, but make sure you stick it in half way, and make it slanted so that the end of the L key touches the middle of the two bearings, once you have that just pull out, they'll come out easily.

This is funny because i was just cleaning my skates like 2 weeks ago, took out the bearings and greased them just alittle bit. anyways good luck that should work....

Hrmm. That's interesting. I'll give it a go. 'Cause my old ones I coudl just pop 'em out just using my thumbs. Thanks for the input. I'll try 'em out right now!

:)

i faced that same thing at work today. some kid bought bearings for his skateboard but wanted them in his old skanky wheels and i haven't skated in awhile i forgot how to get them out. screwdriver worked fine. i bent on of the new ones putting them in stupid skateboard tool.

i used to skate alot, not as much anymore, and we would always use a screwdriver to pry the bearing out. you stick the end into the hole in the bearing, and use the screwdriver as a lever to pry out the bearing. when you do this you have to move the screwdriver to a new spot every once in a while. This is what i do to get the bearings out of my hockey skates too. The only problem is that you can damage your bearings very easly, but most the time the damage is a few dents in the protective shell.

anyways good luck

Damn. These bearings are damn hard to get out. Tried that Allen key trick. Didn't work! Gonna keep trying though. Doh.

:cry:

yeah as dakrobjects said keep rotating the skate or bearing so the object you use to take them out doesn dent them, althought i never actually got to dent any of mine, i cant really say it'll happen, but if it has to other people then i guess i should say do it with ease. Everytime i took mine out, i would do it pretty hard and never really damage or dented any of them...

Damn. These bearings are damn hard to get out. Tried that Allen key trick. Didn't work! Gonna keep trying though. Doh.

:cry:

Yeah, I just dented the inside of the bearing but that should be ok ... right?

yeah as dakrobjects said keep rotating the skate or bearing so the object you use to take them out doesn dent them, althought i never actually got to dent any of mine, i cant really say it'll happen, but if it has to other people then i guess i should say do it with ease. Everytime i took mine out, i would do it pretty hard and never really damage or dented any of them...

Well the worst dent i got was when i had some bearings stuck really far into wheel, and i got ****ed off. So i put the wheel in a vice, put the screwdriver in the hole, and then took a harmer and just started pounding it. It didnt come out too well :)

Ok, there is a tool you can buy at any hockey store. It has three ends, two different allen wrench's and a philips screw driver. You stick this into the bearing and it pops it out on the other side. It was designed especially for this. Another tool you could get is the Sonic Rotor, my choice. They are like $10 each, but you can pick for yourself which you would want. Look at the link below...

http://www.epuck.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ser...ategory_rn=4922

Sonic Rotor

Pro Tool