Who's the greatest coach in sports history?

As I read the title of the thread, I thought of Wooden. Red Aurebach comes to mind because he did almost the same thing in the pros.

As for minds in there sport, Wooden again. The man was a brilliant basketball thinker. He knew how to beat whatever you threw at him, changed mid-game. Kinda like Phil Jackson usually does.

Scotty Bowman has to be up here too, because he thought hockey like no one and still does. He could get his players to try and stop a bullet for him.

Rinus Michels for winning the European Championship with Holland in 1988.

Louis van Gaal for winning everything there is with Ajax in 1995 (Champions League, World Cup for clubs, Super Cup, etc, etc.)

I am biased when I say this (considering where I live and where I go to school)....

Don Shula when he was the Miami Dolphins coach (isn't he the winningest coach in the NFL?)

Steve Spurrier - former coach of the U of F Gators

:D

LOL, how is this thread any good? We've got a load of yanks speaking about coaches from sports rarely played outside their country... Then we've got (few) people mentioning names, of people, without actually putting up any information of their choice.

Oh well..

I am biased when I say this (considering where I live and where I go to school)....

Don Shula when he was the Miami Dolphins coach (isn't he the winningest coach in the NFL?)

Steve Spurrier - former coach of the U of F Gators

:D

sweet, i found another gator :cool:

LOL, how is this thread any good? We've got a load of yanks speaking about coaches from sports rarely played outside their country... Then we've got (few) people mentioning names, of people, without actually putting up any information of their choice.

Oh well..

Because no one really cares about soccer. I can't even name a soccer player except Becham. People make him into a fu?kin god and he isn't event he best player in the world. You are obsessed with his every move, putting his physical on pay-per-view, and America is sick? Don't try and convince us on soccer, it will never happen.

We say all these things about American coaches because where do the best athletes come to play? They all come to America, there the best competition is in the US. Two and two together, it probably adds up to the best coaching. Coach K is probably the 2nd or 3rd best college basketball coach ever and probably beats all Euro coaches in whatever they coached.