Logitech Elite Keyboard

First off let me say great keyboard logitech!

-Packaging was decent, just a box with a picture of it and the spec, the standard. Inside it was wrapped in plastic and the software was in a plastic case. All with a card board structure.

- Installing, fairly simple, shut down the computer and plug it into the USB or PS/2 port, which ever you preffer. Turn the computer on and put in the included Driver CD or download the latest drivers at logitech.com.

The keyboard is self is amazing, quite and great looking, it has several extra keys including E-Mail, Messenger, Webcam, iTouch, Search, Shopping, Favorites, and my Home. All these keys can make life easier. There is also a scroll wheel on the left side for better web navigation. This keyboard has a windows and Apple key just incase you want to use it for you mac or both (sorry linux users, no tux key :( ) The F-lock on this keyboard is much better than microsoft's F-lock. The volume wheel is pretty cool, I like it alot better than volume buttoms because u can change the volume alot quicker, good when you in a game such as Counter strike where ever second counts.

volume.jpg

This keyboard also features a "Go" button which is basically Run which an iTouch logo slapped on it.

run.jpg

The drivers are ok but they seem to eat a bit of ram for a keyboard driver (12MB) The first time you use one of the shortcut keys (Messsenger, Email, etc.) It gives you a little tip. This top tells you about the key and what it can do and how to customize it. Perfect for new or less experience users.

tips.jpg

The one thing that bugs me is the fact that you cant customize the Media key, it will only open the media program and make you select which player to use.

medcent.jpg

Its not that bad but I rather it just open my preffered media player.

Pros

-Great Looking

-Quite Keys

-Great set of short cut buttons

-Scroll Wheel on site

Cons

-Bloated drivers

-Customization could be better.

My Rating 4.5/5

Pictures:

kb1.jpg

kb2.jpg

kb3.jpg

kb4.jpg

kb5.jpg

kb6.jpg

kb7.jpg

kb8.jpg

kb9.jpg

Edited by Liquid

i got the cordless mx duo,its a great keyboard

i agree with the media center opening a menu of installed media programs,maybe they can fix that with a patch

and also the f-lock is annoying sometimes

I also have this keyboard, it's great.

Anyways, I've got a offtopic question... Where'd you get your desk? I've been looking for one like it for a while.

I also have this keyboard, it's great.

Anyways, I've got a offtopic question... Where'd you get your desk? I've been looking for one like it for a while.

Home Depot :laugh: Its a good desk, pretty sturdy.

Shame about the annoying media key - but I'd glady buy one, it looks and sounds from your review, really cool, but as far as I can tell, here in the UK you can only buy it as the DUO but I've already got the mx700 mouse :rolleyes:

-Customization could be better.

Thats right! I almost got the same Keyboard and thats annoying.

But anyway: Thats a great Keyboard and a good Review of it! (Y)

i have the duo too

i cant live without the scrollwheel on the keyboard, if i use a normal keyboard at college i end up stroking the side of it :laugh:

if i wanna play a song i jus press the play key and it,ll open winamp, i dont use the media key :ermm: :)

Cool review though (Y)

i used the cordless mx duo for about a year. it was a great keyboard. but the mouse's 'coating' wore thin, and started to look really ugly...

then dazzla reviewed the Logitech DiNovo here @ neowin, and i just had to get it.

there's just too many pro's over the mx duo with the DiNovo. :p (but the price i guess)

I have the Duo Elite as well, it's a great setup but the only problem I have with it is the base station. I have to reposition the mouse on the base station a couple of times before it would recharge.

-- Edit

My miistake, i didnt realise it was a review of the keyboard only ;)

Edited by davemania24

nice keyboard.. I had an older version of it, without the lights underneath the volume knob...

I never used to install the logitech drivers.. they're bloated as you said and I don't care much for the extra keys... feels great though

Another thing to not about this keyboard is that even if you dont install the software some of the buttons will still work (volume control, pause etc) which is cool if you happen to loose it :D

• 2 weeks later...

nice keyboard... i want to get a new keyboard, im stuck with this eMachines right now. only like it for volume buttons and quick launches. but its getting annoying... i want a black one to match my system