Minimal Extension manager

Something I happened to stumble upon on mozillazine forums.. very nice customization imo :)

Add the following to your userChrome.css

/* Minimal Extensions Menu */

.extension-icon {
   display:none;
}

.extension-button[anonid="about-button"],
.extension-button[anonid="homepage-button"] {
}

.extension-item-description,
.extension-item-creator {
}

#extensionsView[state="extensions"] > extension {
   min-height: 2em;
   height:2em;
}

#extensionsView[state="extensions"] > extension > hbox {
   margin:-9px 0px 0px -10px;
   padding:0px 0px 0px 0px;
}

For nice and simple extensions manager

Edit: Changed the code a bit, now the latter two won't affect theme manager

post-112-1090862239.png

Edited by Elendil

Very nice customization, but I got a little question :blush: .

Where do I actually put the userChrome file? I guess it goes in ...app data\Mozilla\Firefox\Chrome\, but I'm not 100%, and don't wanna mess anything up.

Thanks.

Very nice customization, but I got a little question :blush: .

Where do I actually put the userChrome file? I guess it goes in ...app data\Mozilla\Firefox\Chrome\, but I'm not 100%, and don't wanna mess anything up.

Thanks.

Yep, that's the place..the full path to the directory would be (where xxx is random)

%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\default.xxx\chrome

Edit: For safe and easy access to userChrome.css, userContent.css and user.js, install ChromEdit. It adds Edit User Files option under Tools menu which launches tabbed editor for the aforementioned files

I don't have a userChrome.css file, so I created a blank text file and copied your code straight into it (at the path you specified) yet its not working (I tried restarting my browser).... am I doing something wrong?

Yeah, that's how it should work. I haven't tested it on the official 0.9.2 release but it should work on that too. You could install the ChromEdit extension (link in the post above) to make absolutely sure that the userChrome.css is in the right directory and spelt right :)

Just tested it on the 0.9.2, seems to work nicely.

You should see automagically created files userChrome-example.css and userContent-example.css files in the same directory, that is one way to know you've the right directory.

When I did it, I didn't have the userChrome.css file in that folder yet. So I copied the userChrome-example.css file from C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\profile\US\chrome and put it in the folder Elendil said.

I just copied the information from the first post and put it at the end of the file, and it worked.

• 3 weeks later...