CPU load when uploading

when i upload anything to a website, like geocities or tripod or anything that is up in the net, it loads my CPU down and i cant do a damn thing about it. and it doesnt even upload it. it just sits there.... loaded. i wanna know if there is any way to fix that.:D

get a real FTP client like CuteFTP or LeechFTP (free).

IE is the WORST ftp client ever. It overloads servers and hogs connections. It tries to be smart and multi-connect, but usually ends up leaving open connections, which screwes admins becuase they have to open more slots they don't have the bandwidth to support..

Oh yeah, the topic... Uh... get LeechFTP, 'nuff said.

Originally posted by BeanDude

im not talking about ftp, its just uploading to anything... period. like if i were to upload something to my website, or any other website.

If thats not using ftp, then wtf is it using?! Is your website a hosted one that allows you to upload via HTML Web Forms and server-side components?

If you talking about upload anything... then connecting to the internet is uploading... You send(upload) and recieve(download) information right? Correct me if I am wrong.

You probably have a ****ty network card, or don't have the "offload" crap enabled.

"What you say?!?!" you ask?

Many (cheap) lan cards don't come with onboard microprocessors to perform packet erm, stuff. So the host computers CPU has to do all the work. Most intel/3com cards have onboard systems (which is why they're so expensive) while cheap compusa/linksys etc type lan cards do not (and thus retail for $13.95).