Have you ever met a famous person?

Have you ever met a famous person?  

223 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever met a famous person?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I met Bill Gates once :P.

No. I don't care either, they are human being's like us!

585217756[/snapback]

That's a really good point. That's always crossed threw my mind.

I mean like many people have had friends they've grown up with, who become so-called famous people. Now do the friends of those people actually think of them as famous, when they actually become that? No probably not, just think of them as friends, who most likely struck it rich, lol.

In my home town, there's at least a few people that play in the NHL now, and I don't think of them as "Famous", rich maybe, lol, or on their way to become rich.

I wouldn't mind meeting the Nullsoft team though.

I work General Aviation side of an Airport.

Busta Rhymes

George Carlin

Jeff Foxworthy

Jerry Seinfeld

Several Country music stars (just don't remember there names)

Metallica

Bruce Springsteen

Steven Spielberg (*)

Tom Cruise (*)

This is all I can think of now.

(*) these were very brief and no autograph or picture.

I have pictures and autographs with most of the others.

Lets see, I was a Military brat so I've moved around...a bit

Living at Andrew's AFB, you are bound to see people like I did.

Former President George Bush Sr.

Andre Agasi

Queen of England

Norman Schwortzkaf(spelling?)

Ronald Reagan

Elizabeth Taylor

Toni, Toni, Toni

Michael Jackson

While living here in Kansas City, I met the Cigarette Smoking guy off the X-Files at Chubby's in Westport.

Steve Vai, Yngwie Malmsteen, Joe Satriani (Joe's my bud).

As a child we saw Lee Greenwood (God Bless the USA guy) at Cracker Barrel in Nashville, and the next day saw Bill Monroe.

Just last week I was talking to Sprint CEO Gary Forsee at a gas station by my house in his PHAT Benz. It's one of those new CLK's

My wife met Gabriel from 90210, the little sister of Carlton on Fresh Prince, and the big brother from the Wonder Years at a "ball" at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel where she was staying once.

I was backstage at Lalapalooza 96 and met Metallica minus that Bass guy, Chris Cornell, and Kim Thayal. I talked extensively to Kirk Hammett while he and I ate dinner backstage, and lastly, David Copperfield.....weird freakish guy. Always up to something. :rofl:

Living in the most isolated capital city in the world (yes, it really is), you don't get all that many famous people around the place. Probably the best I can come up with are local sport stars, from the local AFL (Australian Football League) clubs West Coast Eagles and the Fremantle Dockers.

Though I can say that I am sorta related to one of the biggest celebraties in Australia (even though a lot of people are sick of him), Rove MacManus, he is basically the Letterman or Leno of Australian television, gets a lot of big celebs and music acts from around the world on his show. He is my uncle's wife's nephew. As is Shaun MacManus who is a footballer who plays for the Fremantle Dockers.

well haven't exactly met - but i've seen

ian thorpe

delta goodrem

mark phillipoussis [sp?]  and

guy sebastian [aussie idol]

in real life

584353740[/snapback]

I would do anything to meet Delta! I've spoken to her on the phone though :woot: but it's not the same as actually meeting her.

Wow cyberphobia, how did you manage to speak to her on the phone? I am jealous of that. All of mine are Australian so some people might not know them.

I have met the lead singer of Area 7 in the men's room of a local tavern when they were performing last night. My dad has played pool with ex Australian cricket captain, Mark Taylor, when he was still captain and got his signature on a beer coaster from the pub they were at. Mum and dad also walked past Gorden Tallis of the Brisbane Broncos and goes "Gordie" and Gordie thought it was someone he knew haha. Umm my sister has had her chest signed by Area 7 a different time, a couple of years before I met the singer in the men's room and she also met Tina Arena back when she was big and it was my sister's birthday.

Nope... I really don't care about celebrities.. although I saw the previous king of Norway (King Olav) like 15 years ago. Spotted some minor celebrities here in Norway but noone special.

Wow cyberphobia, how did you manage to speak to her on the phone? I am jealous of that.

585255296[/snapback]

She was doing an interview on 3AW radio in Melbourne but it was during the day so I stayed home from school all day.

So I rang up the radio station about 20 mins before the interview started, and asked if they will be taking questions and they said yes so I stayed on the phone until near the end of the 20 minute interview and then at the very end, they said, oh we have a couple of callers on the line who want to ask you a question so I got to speak to her through the radio.

And Delta said that the question I asked was one of the best questions she has ever been asked and when she said that, my face was like :woot: x 1000 and she was really nice and it was the happiest 2 minutes of my life. :laugh: And I was shaking all through the interview.

Well you might meet me 1 day I am pretty famous in the UK. :rofl:

I can't understand why people get excited meeting so called stars.

They maybe very wealthy but they're no different than the next man/boy/lady/girl.

They should be thanking you for making them wealthy and acting like you haven't pee'd for a week when they bump into you.

My uncle though is a famous murderer though, he got 28 years for killing a cop in the 50's, I spoke to him xmas week.

I've met DJ casper, also met stephen mulhern and the little secuirty gurad ray off that kid show thats on saturday morning.

If i could meet anyone i would love to meet Jim Carey or Damon Wayans

Met a few athletes... Linford Christie and Tanni Grey Thompson, met some big ass basketball player at my last athletics comp but I cant remember wat team he played for :( I know it was an American one.

584295850[/snapback]

iv met linford christie :yes: he's a super ace guy i got his autograph but i lost it :blush: iv met a few other tv stars but not much oh oh and when i went to disneyland in paris ( france ) i saw bruce willis on stage :laugh: i could of walked right upto him and spoke to him but i didnt believe he was the real thing until later when i found out :(

sure have.

i have met:

dale earnhardt RIP (when i was 7 at disney world :D)

dimebag darrell abbott RIP (ozzfest 98)

rex brown (ozzfest 98)

vinnie paul abbott (ozzfest 98)

philip anselmo (ozzfest 98)

spyder (rob zombies brother / ozzfest 98)

logan mader (ozzfest 98)

all of the girls from drain sth (ozzfest 98)

evan seinfeld (hazard 'mata leao' tour / '96)

billy graziadei (hazard 'mata leao' tour / '96)

rob echeverria (hazard 'mata leao' tour / '96)

max cavalera (soulfly 'soulfly' tour / ' 96)

steve case (work)

and a few other dudes from bands you may not know of. like twelve tribes, throwdown, and a couple others.

oh yeah some edits:

roy jones jr (met him in JFK airport in NYC when i went to the DMB show last year)

a ton of old washington redskins (wilber marshall, darrell green (went to school with daughter), kurt gouveia (lived in my community and had them over all the time), mark rypien, dexter manly, gary clarke, pretty much half of the team that won the superbowl in 92'. living next to a redskin owned.)

As close as it gets would be knowing Sharon, one of Chopper Read's ex-girlfriends. Chopper Read is a notorious australian hitman, fyi.

As for seeing famous people, I've seen John Howard at the airport before, not something I look upon happily. I also saw a ton of athletes in the Sydney 2000 olympics (can't remember their names anymore, Michael Klim was there though) when I was left in the athletes lounge whilst my mother was getting treated for a fall. I was 16 at the time so I just sat down and didn't say much to any of them.

Walking down Queen Street Glasgow, and I bumped into Chris Eubank, as in walked into him LOL , I was looking in a wndow and obviously didnt seem him. He was real nice and all apologies, I said no it was my fault and how it was nice to meet him, shook hands and off he went, crossed the road and got into a car waiting on him.

:D

i said hit o michale jordan while he was washing one of his cars in HIlton head island Soutch carolina in the wexford plantation. yes im positive it was him. i was in the 7th grade. he lived litterly 1 mile from me in his summer home, but it takes like 30 min to drive the roads to get there. lol