Looking for C++ Game Coders

Question

Hello, I am currently creating a C++ game, but really would like some help.

Basically I am creating a 2D/3D Game (Only just started some core files) in C++. If 3D, then OpenGL.

I do not have a good idea and want some help.

My team is called "Eternity Gaming" I am setting up a website, and basically I'm looking for this:

• A Good C++ Programmer
  • Perhaps Plot or Story Writer

If interested, please reply to the thread. You will get 200mb web hosting, with e-mail and MySQL etc.

Please help me, this is very vague, purposely. I basically want a programmer's assistance on a big project.

Thanks.

Want more details, just post.

Various details of plot ideas and code samples from other members of my team can be found on my site.

I will not give out a link to my site in this thread. Only give it out if you are interested. If I give it out here, this will go off-topic, I know it will.

please help

Regards, T.D.L

8 answers to this question

what game type should it be? I mean some action style game, or just a simple game... I could help (in .NET), but im now on a side project... I could help u m/b with .NET stuff ... (if ull make it)

I have had experience in past games, and I can offer some advice. DirectX is better than OpenGL if you want to make a good looking game. OpenGL is easier but DirectX is worth the effort. I would probs help write a plot/story.

I have had experience in past games, and I can offer some advice. DirectX is better than OpenGL if you want to make a good looking game. OpenGL is easier but DirectX is worth the effort. I would probs help write a plot/story.

Yea right dude, YOU have experience!

Sorry but you are talking crap.

But wait Now tell me. Why does ID write their games in OpenGL and not DirectX.

Yea right. Because they look crappier.

Please! Please go back to elementry school and learn about dots and lines.

:blink:: In case you wanted to make an ironic comment. You need to learn how to make your irony obvious!:wacko::

kindest regards,

Moritz "neofeed" Angermann

In terms of overall use and ease... DirectX is far better. Everything you need to handle sound, movement, etc... Sure you can package OpenGL and DirectX together, but DirectX does make it easier by having it in one.

However, Direct X is a jack of all trades... master of none. They are very close to being quite possibly the best video API, but they aren't the cream yet.

DirectX does only work in a Windows Environment, and it that alone will keep it at bay for a long while... Not to mention the other differences

OpenGL is easier to learn \ understand - more intuitive

better management... etc

In terms of overall use and ease... DirectX is far better. Everything you need to handle sound, movement, etc... Sure you can package OpenGL and DirectX together, but DirectX does make it easier by having it in one.

However, Direct X is a jack of all trades... master of none. They are very close to being quite possibly the best video API, but they aren't the cream yet.

DirectX does only work in a Windows Environment, and it that alone will keep it at bay for a long while... Not to mention the other differences

OpenGL is easier to learn \ understand - more intuitive

better management... etc

Yeah, and this is where SDL comes in, which utilises OpenGL. From SDL you can do all the stuff that DirectX can do, like audio and listening to key events, etc.

man if you want a plot/story writer just contact me... MSN or email... ;)

hey it's my post number 69... what a good looking number... :laugh: