ESPN's Sports and Music

got a little rant here..

what is ESPN thinking? if anyone has watched sportscenter so far this week, youll know they are doing a 5 part series on the relationship between sports and music.. they'll do a little report.. which is semi interesting, and i dont have a problem with.. but then they have a "musical" performance..

yesterday it was Kid Rock.. who just yelled "somebodys gotta feel this" over and over.. i wasnt feeling it..

and then just now, some rapper, talking about how hes got money, how he's "so fly".. WTF?

during both of these they showed random highlights ranging from Bill Buckner to Mariano Rivera.. highlights that have nothing to do with the song or eachother.

Tomorrow, Five For Fighting is going to play their song "100 Years". I'm just failing to see what these performances have to do with anything, and why they are taking 5 minutes of SportsCenter away from me, that could be filled with more or extended highlights and/or more analysis.

got a little rant here..

what is ESPN thinking? if anyone has watched sportscenter so far this week, youll know they are doing a 5 part series on the relationship between sports and music.. they'll do a little report.. which is semi interesting, and i dont have a problem with.. but then they have a "musical" performance..

yesterday it was Kid Rock.. who just yelled "somebodys gotta feel this" over and over.. i wasnt feeling it..

and then just now, some rapper, talking about how hes got money, how he's "so fly".. WTF?

during both of these they showed random highlights ranging from Bill Buckner to Mariano Rivera.. highlights that have nothing to do with the song or eachother.

Tomorrow, Five For Fighting is going to play their song "100 Years". I'm just failing to see what these performances have to do with anything, and why they are taking 5 minutes of SportsCenter away from me, that could be filled with more or extended highlights and/or more analysis.

I saw that with Kid rock yesterday and just started scratching my head....I want to see sports not some idiot screaming "feel this".

I dont see the relation between sports and a worn out punk.

Yeah I saw that this morning and was like wtf? I guess it's not too terribly bad but I won't be tuning in specifically to see any musical performances on Sports Center...

Just great 5 for fighting is going to sing about sports tonight.

This whole scheme makes me sick, keep the music on MTV and sports on ESPN.

You notice, too, that they have the Times Square backdrop, just like MTV? ESPN is selling out, they've let it gone to their heads.

I miss the good ol' days of Chris Berman, Charlie Steiner, Karl Ravich, Keith Olbermann, Bob Ley, etc...at least ESPNews is available.

You notice, too, that they have the Times Square backdrop, just like MTV? ESPN is selling out, they've let it gone to their heads.

I miss the good ol' days of Chris Berman, Charlie Steiner, Karl Ravich, Keith Olbermann, Bob Ley, etc...at least ESPNews is available.

Yeah,

Thank the lord ESPNews is on 24/7