Going to Chicago for Maddux's 300th

Greg Maddux won his 299th game tonight.

He is my all time favorite pitcher. So, a few friends and I are making the drive from Montgomery, Alabama to Wrigley Field next Saturday night/Sunday Morning.. we have no intention of getting in the stadium.. unless someone offers us a hell of a deal. we're gonna go hang out waveland ave, then go to espnzone after the game, hang out in chicago sunday night, then leave town, get a motel, and drive back monday morning.

I've got a few things to ask of Cubs fans

1 - anyone in that area planning on going to the game? both my friends that are going are neowin members, and were going to be at the park probably around 8am, if you wanted to meet up and talk baseball.

2 - ive been to Wrigley Field about 4 times. ive never stayed out on Waveland for a game. What should we expect? what do we need to bring? are there people with tvs out there or what?

3 - I'll be coming from the south on Interstate 57. I've tried to find parking near Wrigley before, and will not be doing that again, so were planning on taking the L train. From where im coming, where would be a good, safe place to park the car and catch the train. Then, what stop is Wrigley?

4 - We are planning on going to ESPNZone after the game. Will the L take us there or will we need to catch a cab?

5 - What are some other things to do in Chicago at night? keep in mind, i'm 18, so i cant get into bars.

any input is appreciated. i might have more questions later.

Greg Maddux won his 299th game tonight.

He is my all time favorite pitcher. So, a few friends and I are making the drive from Montgomery, Alabama to Wrigley Field next Saturday night/Sunday Morning.. we have no intention of getting in the stadium.. unless someone offers us a hell of a deal. we're gonna go hang out waveland ave, then go to espnzone after the game, hang out in chicago sunday night, then leave town, get a motel, and drive back monday morning.

I've got a few things to ask of Cubs fans

1 - anyone in that area planning on going to the game? both my friends that are going are neowin members, and were going to be at the park probably around 8am, if you wanted to meet up and talk baseball.

2 - ive been to Wrigley Field about 4 times. ive never stayed out on Waveland for a game. What should we expect? what do we need to bring? are there people with tvs out there or what?

3 - I'll be coming from the south on Interstate 57. I've tried to find parking near Wrigley before, and will not be doing that again, so were planning on taking the L train. From where im coming, where would be a good, safe place to park the car and catch the train. Then, what stop is Wrigley?

4 - We are planning on going to ESPNZone after the game. Will the L take us there or will we need to catch a cab?

5 - What are some other things to do in Chicago at night? keep in mind, i'm 18, so i cant get into bars.

any input is appreciated. i might have more questions later.

I might try to make it to the game....

I'm a huuuuge Cubbies fan and would love to go. Unfortunately it's next to impossible to find tickets that aren't marked up 1000%. If you know where to go, you can scalp tickets at a decent price though.

I might try to make it to the game....

awesome.. if youre gonna be able to, let me know, ill give you my cell # and we can meet up and get a hotdog outside the park or something.

I'm a huuuuge Cubbies fan and would love to go. Unfortunately it's next to impossible to find tickets that aren't marked up 1000%. If you know where to go, you can scalp tickets at a decent price though

My friends and I are on sorta a tight budget with college coming up.. probably cant even afford this trip, but i'm not about to miss this opportunity. Bleacher seats are already 2/$250 on ebay right now.. and its still 4 days away. getting in the park isnt looking like much of an option.

I also might go up to Wrigley to see the game,

As for the questions...

Definitley take the L, due to the lack of parking by Wrigley.

Unless you dont want to pay about $50-70 for a ticket you will be staying around Waveland, Sheffield, or Clark.There are alot of people who hang out on the streets during the game so I dont think you will have to deal with boredom.

After the game there are places to go in Chicago like Navy Pier, ESPN Zone, etc.... I dont think the L will get you to ESPN zone..but im not sure, you might have to catch a cab.

Have Fun, Good Luck Maddux :D

just got back from Chicago about 2 hours ago. left here about 9 saturday night, got to chicago about 9 saturday morning and took the L to wrigley.. wasnt actually planning on going in the park, but i gave in and paid $100 for a $12 standing room ticket. i stood right behind home plate, met some cubs fans. had a great time.. was ****ed that maddux didnt get his 300th but it was still great to be there and to see the reception he got and the reception Nomar got in his first game as a Cub. I love the passion of the Cubs fans. i'd love to have fan support half that good in atlanta

just got back from Chicago about 2 hours ago. left here about 9 saturday night, got to chicago about 9 saturday morning and took the L to wrigley.. wasnt actually planning on going in the park, but i gave in and paid $100 for a $12 standing room ticket. i stood right behind home plate, met some cubs fans. had a great time.. was ****ed that maddux didnt get his 300th but it was still great to be there and to see the reception he got and the reception Nomar got in his first game as a Cub. I love the passion of the Cubs fans. i'd love to have fan support half that good in atlanta

thats awesome man. thanks for the props :)

i wish i coulda been there, but i'm out in cali now. my friend lives 2 blocks away, nothing better than walking out your front door and seeing wrigley field every morning...

sucks maddux didn't get the win though.

Sounds like it was an awesome time man. Too bad Maddux couldn't pull it off. Those are the types of memories though that will last a life time.