I hate you Firefox.

Is it only me or does Firefox seem to be downright retarded when it comes to being themed properly? For instance, no matter what I try to do, whenever I use Windows Classic, I can change every single color in 3DCC and appearance > advance to bright pink, and the arrows on the File Edit View submenu's always remain the color they were with the last VS I used (I think that's how it does it, they are usually a mid blue. I'm still not certain where it gets this color from).

In addition, the bookmarks toolbar fonts refuse to accept color changes I make. I've been pulling my hair out just trying to find out how to get them to change colors how they should.

Speaking of the bookmarks toolbar area, the background for some reason is affected by changing the 3Dface value in 3DCC rather than menu or something.

Firefox is just very aggrivating to use when you make Windows Classic themes. It defies all logic when it comes to how it handles the colors you are using and makes it so I have to redo parts of my themes how I would not like them to be just to make text readable in this single program.

If anyone knows of ways to help, goddammit I would love to hear them.

EDIT: Accidently posted in General We Browsing instead of Gecko. If a mod would be so kind....

Edited by Raum

The problem lies in that it uses owner drawn menu's and such.

Yep.

You need a native-widget browser for that to work properly - you could try K-Meleon (Y)

The problem lies in that it uses owner drawn menu's and such.

moved to gecko support

Well is there a file I can edit to make the colors match? Also, do you think it'd be worth my time to bitch on the official forums about this and request they change this 'feature?'

Thanks.

i'm pretty sure that every color, font, and icon that you see is fully configurable, but is it worth it?

i tweaked and tweaked and tweaked when i first started using firefox and finally concluded that no, its not worth it. you're time is better spent configuring the functionality of the program rather than its interface. just pick pick the theme that's closest to what you desire and be done with it. and trust me, I fully understand how hard that can be to do.

Well is there a file I can edit to make the colors match? Also, do you think it'd be worth my time to bitch on the official forums about this and request they change this 'feature?'

Thanks.

a brief scan of bugzilla shows "zarro bugs" so either a) i don't know where to look b) noone has reported/reproduced it or c) there is something wrong with your themes/software

http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/ - the place to go whine about bugs

(sorry if any of that was too obvious, just covering all the possibilities)

i'm pretty sure that every color, font, and icon that you see is fully configurable, but is it worth it?

i tweaked and tweaked and tweaked when i first started using firefox and finally concluded that no, its not worth it. you're time is better spent configuring the functionality of the program rather than its interface. just pick pick the theme that's closest to what you desire and be done with it. and trust me, I fully understand how hard that can be to do.

Well there's really only one or two things I'd change, and I've got the browser configured how I want it as far as functionality goes, so this is the last step to making it exactly how I want it.

Don't know how to make Firefox themes, and unless it'd be less complicated then editing the color of the text on the bookmarks toolbar folder I'm not interested in learning, but thanks for the input.

It's because of the "XUL'ism". They didn't intentionally say "we are going to not make it fully theme complatible under windows, it's just the nature of the interface. The ymost likely won't change it and will set any filed bugs to WONTFIX.

There are files you can edit, but at the moment, I can not remember which one. I believe it's just a matter of adding the proper lines to your custom user.js file.

It's because of the "XUL'ism". They didn't intentionally say "we are going to not make it fully theme complatible under windows, it's just the nature of the interface. The ymost likely won't change it and will set any filed bugs to WONTFIX.

There are files you can edit, but at the moment, I can not remember which one. I believe it's just a matter of adding the proper lines to your custom user.js file.

Yeah, I figured it'd be something that wasn't going to change, otherwise it would of. Oh well.

If anyone knows the line to add to change the text for bookmarks toolbar, I'd be most delighted.

Thanks bangabang for editing my topic title. :)

Let me know what do you want to change and how would you want it to be. With the userChrome.css, you can change almost every elements in the Firefox.

Or you can try it here... http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=18 .Lots of people there might be able to help you.

I'm using Orbit Grey. I want the font for the bookmarks toolbar and the arrows on the file, edit, view submenu's to both be color 46D1FD

I've been told by the devs that 1.0 will use native W32 widgets.

I very much doubt it, the entire point behind Firefox was to use XUL and have the same look on each platform. (As K-Meleon, etc. used native W32 widgets already). Besides, why would they go to 0.9 and then decide, for the hell of it, to rewrite a MAJOR part of the browser just before reaching final?

I very much doubt it, the entire point behind Firefox was to use XUL and have the same look on each platform. (As K-Meleon, etc. used native W32 widgets already). Besides, why would they go to 0.9 and then decide, for the hell of it, to rewrite a MAJOR part of the browser just before reaching final?

Ok then why does the linux version use GTK?

Edited by Mav Phoenix

.toolbarbutton-text {
  color: #46D1FD !important;
}

.menu-right {
  list-style-image: url("arrow.gif") !important;
}

.menu-right[_moz-menuactive="true"] {
  list-style-image: url("arrow-active.gif") !important;
}

.menu-right[disabled="true"] {
  list-style-image: url("arrow-disable.gif") !important;
}

Put this code in the userChrome.css file in your user profile directory(X:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\default.xxx\chrome\)

Put the images of coloured arrow in the same directory as userChrome.css file. Arrow image have to be 4x7 pixels.